Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm hoping Dan will be able to answer this question. If you have to undergo surgery, for example a Caesarean, and are told no to drive for 6 weeks how do you stand legally with your insurance? Is there anything in standard car insruance policies to make this medical advice binding in terms of your insrance being valid? Or if for example you felt fine after 3 weeks and had not option but to drive (other children to get to school etc, etc) would you be legally fine to drive?

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
688 Posts
I doubt it, you should inform the insurance company of any change in circumstances, medical, personal or car related.
The insurance company would use this as their get out clause should anything happen.

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
I think Eyes Only is right - this would be grounds for them to void the insurance claim.

It would be worth checking the small print on your policy.

·
AO Traders
592 Posts
Hi,

I'm hoping Dan will be able to answer this question. If you have to undergo surgery, for example a Caesarean, and are told no to drive for 6 weeks how do you stand legally with your insurance? Is there anything in standard car insruance policies to make this medical advice binding in terms of your insrance being valid? Or if for example you felt fine after 3 weeks and had not option but to drive (other children to get to school etc, etc) would you be legally fine to drive?

Thanks

Andy

Hello

This advice that has been given to you is determined by your doctor and not your Insurance company. I am sure that this wont effect your insurance. Please do let your Insurers know your change in circumstances though just in case as every Insurer is different.

Thanks

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I've was told by my insurers that I should follow the doctors advice...

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
Yes.. if you're medically advised not to drive and you do so, then you're on thin ice if you have a shunt and it's related to the medical condition.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll let my sister in law know what's been said. She really has little choice but to drive in a week or so's time when the children have to go to school (husband working and he doesn't drive, kids too young to go to school on their own s on a busy main road, etc etc.).

Cheers

Andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts