Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

Looking at getting a supersprint exhaust (just back box) for my 1.8TS GT. I am wondering how much louder this will be than the current OEM exhaust? I don't want an exhaust that is overly loud.

and also, will it sound any good when running with just OEM centre pipes and cat etc?

Thanks

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have a Supersprint backbox but it's currently mated to an unsilenced centre section. So whilst it sounds great - it's very loud. I expect my new Ragazzon silenced centre to turn up next week some point so once it's fitted I'll post a recording.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a Supersprint backbox but it's currently mated to an unsilenced centre section. So whilst it sounds great - it's very loud. I expect my new Ragazzon silenced centre to turn up next week some point so once it's fitted I'll post a recording.
Sweet set up. Be sure and post up a recording.

What do you think of a Supersprint back box versus a Raggazon? The rag is a fair bit more expensive.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys- what to go for:

> Single oval tail pipe, or;
> Twin pipe
I presume its more choosing over aesthetics rather than any differences to performance / sound?

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Supersprint is :inlove:

Silenced centre sections will keep the sound low, unsilenced centres will make a big increase in volume.

Cobalt don't you have my old exhaust? That was bloody loud!

·
Registered
16 Posts
The rear exhaust is 5-10% louder than stock, it need to match those values to be TUV approved. It'll take 1000 miles to reach the real sound. It's subtle but if you want something more tuneful and personale get the silenced centre exhaust too. The not silenced will be too loud and you'll have drone.

Cheers!

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
The rear exhaust is 5-10% louder than stock, it need to match those values to be TUV approved. It'll take 1000 miles to reach the real sound. It's subtle but if you want something more tuneful and personale get the silenced centre exhaust too. The not silenced will be too loud and you'll have drone.

Cheers!
Ciao Regazzi!

·
Registered
25,673 Posts

Cheers!
Hi,

I had a supersprint powerloop twin on my 147 GTA and loved it, great quality and great sound :)

Pity the brera system desnt look more oem or like the Brera S tailpipes as id be very interested.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Cheers!
The silenced midsection sounds interesting, never thought about it previously actually. Would this still be reasonably subtle coupled with the back box? Like I said I don't want something too loud! Can you give some percentages Supersprint?

I reckon I'll go for the twin tail pipe. I think it will look nice on the GT blackline.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Cobalt don't you have my old exhaust? That was bloody loud!
Sure do! :inlove: My neighbours aren't as keen on it as I am though. :lol:
@alfamj; there's a 'Sound(s?) of the Twinspark' thread with links to youtube clips if you do a search.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sure do! :inlove: My neighbours aren't as keen on it as I am though. :lol:
@alfamj; there's a 'Sound(s?) of the Twinspark' thread with links to youtube clips if you do a search.
Cheers Cobalt :thumbs: I'll check that out...

Looking forward to joining the modified Alfas group :cool:

·
Registered
226 Posts
email supersprint today and have discontinued the Centre exhaust part number 753603. i have the twin supersprint backbox with oem Centre exhaust and sounds great not to loud at all. i had csc and was very loud

can any one recommend a Centre exhaust with silents ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts