Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just freaking because :mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
37,142 Posts
What was it that annoyed you Chris?

Was it the screaming kids, people banging you with the trolley, the dreadful music and announcements.

Or was it the women with tattoos, sandals and heels covered in plasters?

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
How come they are calle "Super" markets? Shouldnt they have to aspire to that kinda title.

They should start off as **** markets..... then ok markets......quite good markets...... rather jolly good markets..... and only a handful getting the heady heights of Supermarkets.

·
Super Moderator
44,732 Posts
I don't think supermarkets per se are annoying.

It's the fact that they let people into them. :mad:

·
Registered
37,142 Posts
We get our shopping over the internet quite often.

Although if we do that we get meat from the local butcher. (which tastes better anyway)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes we mainly also get it done on the interweb ... but this afternoon I had the unfortunate task of having to go in a get some stuff ... I just wonder what monkey they put in charge of where stuff goes ...

icing sugar ... surely with the home baking ... no with the coffee/tea :rolleyes:
Pineapple rings (tinned) ... surely with all the other tinned goods ... no with the cakes :rolleyes:
Cucumber ... surely with the rest of the salad stuff ... no randomly placed at the end of an isle :rolleyes:
Custard ... surely all together??? ... no half at one end of an isle the other at completely the other end :rolleyes:
Large Cakes ... surely with all the other cakes??? ... no with the bread rolls :rolleyes:
Chicken Nuggets (frozen) ... surely in the isle marked "chicken" ... nope in the isle marked deserts :rolleyes:

I've managed to erase my memory of the rest of the trouble I had :mad:

R

·
0 Posts
Yes we mainly also get it done on the interweb ... but this afternoon I had the unfortunate task of having to go in a get some stuff ... I just wonder what monkey they put in charge of where stuff goes ...

icing sugar ... surely with the home baking ... no with the coffee/tea :rolleyes:
Pineapple rings (tinned) ... surely with all the other tinned goods ... no with the cakes :rolleyes:
Cucumber ... surely with the rest of the salad stuff ... no randomly placed at the end of an isle :rolleyes:
Custard ... surely all together??? ... no half at one end of an isle the other at completely the other end :rolleyes:
Large Cakes ... surely with all the other cakes??? ... no with the bread rolls :rolleyes:
Chicken Nuggets (frozen) ... surely in the isle marked "chicken" ... nope in the isle marked deserts :rolleyes:

I've managed to erase my memory of the rest of the trouble I had :mad:
Did you find the extra large pizza ?? :p :lol:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
S

·
0 Posts
They put items in random places and constantly move stuff about to get you to browse more of the store and potential buy more items and make them more money.

It's all about the profit.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They put items in random places and constantly move stuff about to get you to browse more of the store and potential buy more items and make them more money.

It's all about the profit.
I was at the stage of dumping the trolly and walking out ... I had a list and that is what I was going to buy ... obviously supermarkets are not designed for men :(

S

·
0 Posts
I was at the stage of dumping the trolly and walking out ... I had a list and that is what I was going to buy ... obviously supermarkets are not designed for men :(
+1 :thumbs:

Women seem to take to the supermarket like bumblebees returning to the hive.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
My secret is to take my daughter who finds everything, but on the rare occasions she can't her (ludicrous) idea is to ask someone :rolleyes:. Doesn't she understand that as men that just not an option :lol:

M

·
0 Posts
I find the trouble starts before you even get through the doors..........where to park so that some inconsiderate sod doesn't prang your pride and joy with a carelessly opened door!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Ask (splutter!)

What a ridiclulous idea. It's better to wander getting frustrated than ask. It's what makes us men in supermarkerts

S

·
0 Posts
I find the trouble starts before you even get through the doors..........where to park so that some inconsiderate sod doesn't prang your pride and joy with a carelessly opened door!
All the disabled, parent+child and loading bay parking spaces and even the road lane in front of the door are taken up by BMW X5s too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts