Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much of a rant but here goes anyway. It's the old one about rude people in supermarkets.

I did a bit of shopping earlier. As I got to the end of the aisle I found my way blocked by a trolley with a rough looking plonker stood by it. He turned and looked at me standing there then turned away and carried on browsing along the shelf. Ignorant moron. When he had his back fully to me I dipped into his trolley and put his 2 pinter of milk on the shelf with the toilet rolls. I can't stand crowded shops at the best of times but when I encounter down right rudeness something has to be done :tut: Hope he likes black tea and coffee.:D

·
Administrator
45,646 Posts
I'm not sure I approve of that, but I couldn't stop myself smiling as I pictured it! :lol:

·
Administrator
45,646 Posts
I have a sort of similar story actually, not about myself though.

I have a friend who had a bit of a rough upbringing, but is now a good guy. Maybe has a bit of a temper...

Anyway, there was an ongoing problem on his road with kids throwing stones at peoples windows, he caught them at it once but they got away on bikes.
A few days later, he came across one of the kids unaware. He grabbed the kids bike, and rode off on it, just slowly enough to allow the kid to keep him in sight - took it down the road, and threw it in the river. :eek:

That's probably a teeny bit worse than yours actually.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Like it ODS :thumbs: :lol:

Mr Ted...

:eek:

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
Don't get me started on rude folk in supermarkets (although yesterday's shop was surprisingly hassle free) except for folk who STAND and block the end of an aisle for no apparent reason!

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Where's the fun in that Chris? :D

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
I have been know to add things to rude peoples trolley...

...things you would never associate with them like tampons for males or KY jelly for females...

...I do not wait to see what happems when they get to the checkout.

M

·
0 Posts
I had a nice experience in the supermarket last Saturday evening.

I had just two items and was at the basket only checkout. Someone infront had unloaded their trolley on the conveyer, but hey ho, it was still the quickest queue. Anyhow, the lady infront saw me with my two items and beckoned me to go infront of her....ta muchly :thumbs:
I felt a bit bad for her when the checkout operator moaned at her for taking a trolley through a basket only checkout!

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
I had a nice experience in the supermarket last Saturday evening.

I had just two items and was at the basket only checkout. Someone infront had unloaded their trolley on the conveyer, but hey ho, it was still the quickest queue. Anyhow, the lady infront saw me with my two items and beckoned me to go infront of her....ta muchly :thumbs:
I felt a bit bad for her when the checkout operator moaned at her for taking a trolley through a basket only checkout!
Funny enough I went shopping with my mum, we didn't need much but my mum always opts for a trolley as her shoulders are not good and we bought a few things for sinner including a 4 pint of milk.

Man at the checkout has a go at us saying baskets only :rolleyes: So I grabbed a basket from under the conveyor and transfer everything to it then proceed to dump it on the conveyor it was 7 items FFS :rolleyes:

·
Registered
583 Posts
I hate it when people leave trolleys in the middle of an isle then go off for more shopping...
well providing theres nothing personal in the trolley, like kids or a handbag, I gently push the trolley with my trolley to the end of the isle then go back to wait and watch the reaction... its very funny LOL

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
^^must try that :lol:

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,419 Posts
Watch for the ones aimlessly pushing their trolley along, not looking where they are going or who towards. Stick your foot under the wheel so they clip it and then scream out in agony. Usually embarasses them :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Im such a kid when it comes too shopping...
We play games such as... How many random items can you get in other peoples trolleys without them realising...
How many trolleys that are left can you make 'disappear' or even....
Don't take a trolley to begin with, find one thats been left with some items in, and walk off with that one and carry on adding too it xD ...
We actually did a thing as part of my Psychology A level, to do with ownership and all this rubbish.. In a shop, when you put an item in your trolley, your immediate thought is that that item is now YOURS, even though you havent paid for it.... But legally, you could do your entire weekly shop by dipping into other peoples trolley's and you wouldn't be breaking the law, as it's not legally theres, but still the supermarkets and up for sale!!!
Thats also a great trick to play on people .....

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I was once at a supermarket check out paying for my stuff when I saw two young (18/19) lads spitting milk shake all over the shop windows from outside, and laughing hilariously at their own wit. I caught their eye and, very slowly, did the international ****** sign.

As I walked out of the shop I noticed two things almost simultaneously; firstly one of the lads running at me as he pulled his fist back to punch me, and secondly a short and stocky 50-something bloke running from behind me and promptly punching the lad so hard in the face that his beanie hat flew about 20 foot behind him.

The bloke came up to me after the lads sloped off and said "I saw that they were coming to get you and as I thought they were utter ******* too I didn't hesistate to step in". Now, far be it from me to condone violence but in this instance if felt like just deserts had been served :cheese:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts