Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So the thread is officially derailed :D
However according to my latest information, the original thread starter is a no-issue. It was a wrong assumption. Which is good news.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Thank you for linking the article I already linked. But If you buy the magazine, and find something useful, I'm waiting for the infos.
The December Quattroruote has just one page of text and one of pictures on the 2020MY Giulia. Main focus is on new colours and new infotainment system, but it repeats (in less words) the statement on front suspension changes @HussarF first found on the Quattoruote website.

that statement completed by saying:

... but I can say that feeling the steering qualities of the Giulia Veloce MY2020 that I rode around and inside the Balocco FCA track (unfortunately under incessant rain) seemed to me always remarkable and the car maintains the characteristic promptness of response, accompanied by a behaviour always safe and intuitive.

So perhaps we can hope that the changes have no detrimental effect.

It would be interesting to see if the latest version Quadrifoglio could match the 7m32 'ring time achieved in 2016. With the ride height change and Corsa compound change and possibly now the suspension change, I doubt if it would.

Andy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I've watched a lot of videos about the MY2020 press-conference in Bari. Some participants said that the handling became even better and sharper. I'm not worried about it anymore.
The new Quadrifoglios will debut in Q2 2020. The ride height had constantly changed. 2016 models were very low, than later models had been lifted, than again, lowered again. I don't know about the Corsa compund modification, but all-in-all, I don't think the car will become any slower.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Car manufacturers are constantly making changes that they never tell anyone about. Most of these are imperceptible. I was told when Gus in alfatune was remapping my 156 that it was one of a tiny handful that had a mechanical throttle. I'd never even heard of them having that before.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

21 - 25 of 25 Posts