Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At a local show we spotted an MGB with a supercharger, its a kit you can buy from Moss for about £4k and I have to admit it was a very neat install, increase from 90 bhp to 140, I've seen turbos on 105's but has anyone seen a supercharger?

·
Registered
357 Posts
It did look like a very neat installation Martin, and the boost in power was impressive. I wonder what you would need to do to the engine before installing it?

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought you'd have to lower the compression but it seems that only a camshaft and dizzy change are good but not absolutely necessary, it would be a struggle to fit it in a 105 engine bay i think, although anythings possible

·
Registered
177 Posts
Interesting theoretical thought, but why would you want to do it?
I don't want to go anywhere near the current max speed of 120mph in my 40 year old spider, and I think that it would as it is beat a supercharged MGB away from the lights :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting theoretical thought, but why would you want to do it?
I don't want to go anywhere near the current max speed of 120mph in my 40 year old spider, and I think that it would as it is beat a supercharged MGB away from the lights :thumbup:
I agree, I revel in the fact that my 43yr old Alfa can still mix it and do 30mpg, there comes a point where power becomes pointless on our congested roads and then its really down to handling, even then I still go with James Mays philosophy of low power and skinny tyres is more fun, and safer... anyone who has driven an old mini (or a Sud) knows that.
Its an interesting conversion tho, well engineered from what i could see

1 - 8 of 8 Posts