Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fitted an Rotrex C30-94 in my 3.2 159 like autodelta do this.
my question: anyone owns a certification for this conversation and could send me a .pdf copy
or does someone know where do download?
thankyou

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Nice man, hope it goes well... :thumbs:

Then we would greatly appreciate some pictures and stories if you don't mind sharing...

What kind of certification do you need? For Licensing? I'm sure the only guys who can give this for you are the installers or maybe Rotrex themselves ...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've done this by myself, by pics found in the web.
A friend of mine does the ACAD drawings + constructions...

The certification would be needed for licensing.
you can find some pics on Rotrex C30-94 | Alfa Romeo 159SW 3.2JTS Q4
it's written in german language and the site is a little bit slow; but enjoy

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Good job man!

So currently you are at the stage there you need to get the ECU remapped to handle the extra pressure readings?

Apparently the control unit with the pressure above 1 atm not cope.
Even a replacement of the original MAP sensor <115 kPa to <250kPa does not change since the curves are far apart.
Vehicle is not drivable because all electronic errors occur from a charging pressure of ~ 0.2bar.
I do not know if guys managed to extend the map that far... Here in SA we tend to add an extra processor to add more fuel when in boost if OEM computer is kept.

Interesting that you run the compressor on the back edge of the 6pk belt - doesn't the belt slip on the higher RPM / higher boost? Should you not try and get a double sided ribbed belt?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volvo-99-09...-Dual-Sided-Grooves-6DPK-x-1843-/271041470849

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Nicely done :thumbs:

You need to modify MAP voltage linearisation map + range values in the ECU to make it understand you new MAP
What boost level you plan to achieve with this nonintercooled setup? Make sure to retard ignition and lower air-to-fuel mixture under boost to prevent knocking. Also what measurement range is your MAF? Will it handlle the increased airflow?

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
the 3.2 has the biggest alfa maf , bigger than gta . So probably yes.
I've driven the autodelta 3.2 compressore , and that maf was stock too

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Gertie
there is an duble sided ribbed belt.
@yan.ko
the original alfa (bosch)maf can read up to 850kg/h air. i changed the maf with an( bosch) 1100kg/h with the same housing inner diameter.
@Allerd
does autodelta change the complete ECU or did they reprogram it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, Milano_m can you provide some details about installing supercharger ? Your website is no longer active. I also have plan to install compressor in my Brera.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello Sagat,

alfa.dtdns.net is back online. Its a dynamic IP so sometimes its off for e view seconds.
on the first page you will find my mail address....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts