Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
I can't help but feel that a 400bhp FWD GTA would be nothing but a pig to drive thus making it a very pointless exercise.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I can't help but feel that a 400bhp FWD GTA would be nothing but a pig to drive thus making it a very pointless exercise.
But then how fun is a car that's easy to drive? There's a lot to be said for hanging on to the steering wheel for dear life while it trys to yank your arms off :D

H

·
0 Posts
But then how fun is a car that's easy to drive? There's a lot to be said for hanging on to the steering wheel for dear life while it trys to yank your arms off :D
I think it's more likely to understeer straight into the nearest barrier, rather than trying to wrench anything off

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
I think it's more likely to understeer straight into the nearest barrier, rather than trying to wrench anything off
What he said!

People don't buy Alfa's for outright power, its all about the driving experience which i can only guess would be completely lost with 400bhp.

I know its a completely different kettle of fish but a good friend of mine had a ~150/160bhp Toyota Starlet turbo and it was fun and nippy, he then boosted that up to close to 300bhp and it just became an absolute dog which had to be wrestled to go in a straight line. Don't see the point imo.

·
Banned
467 Posts
Funny you should say that, I can't help but feel that a 1.6 in an Alfa chassis capable of FAR more is a pretty pointless exercise too. Bit like a BM 316/8 or 518

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Funny you should say that, I can't help but feel that a 1.6 in an Alfa chassis capable of FAR more is a pretty pointless exercise too. Bit like a BM 316/8 or 518
i'd actually agree but not because of the Alfa Chasis, as it really isn't that good and is quite long in the tooth imo. The reason i would agree is that 120bhp really isn't enough for a car that weighs as much as the 147/156.

But Alfa Romeo are a business and some of us forget that, so it needs base sized engines or people like me would never have bought one and caught the Alfa bug and aspire to buy a V6 model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts