Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, was given a Virgin 6 car driving experience voucher - am based in northwest London - from what I can tell there are not many options nearby except the Dunsfold track. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations about the tracks further away, e.g. Lydden Hill, or Mallor Park, or Prestworld. Or even any of the providers, e.g. Everyman Racing, UDrive etc. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Mallory Park and Lydden Hill are both proper racing circuits, albeit very short ones (Lydden especially). Dunsfold is laid out on a flat old airfield and is used by Top Gear for its stunts. Prestwold I know nothing about. Mallory would be the most appealing to me, as a lover of all things motor racing. I'd guess Dunsfold would be more forgiving if you did make a mistake, with acres of tarmac to slither across, rather than a barrier to clang into.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is prestwold the one near donnington park?
If so that's just an old airfield, I did a red letter day there years ago drove a db9, gallardo spider and had a go in a Ferrari 360 CS which was brutal and exhilarating would much preferred to have done it on a track.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is prestwold the one near donnington park?
If so that's just an old airfield, I did a red letter day there years ago drove a db9, gallardo spider and had a go in a Ferrari 360 CS which was brutal and exhilarating would much preferred to have done it on a track.
Not sure - never been to any of them - sounds like Lydden Hill is a good option! Thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts