Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quickie, I have just had some of the best service from any dealer I have ever dealt with from H R Owen in Fulham. The rear door of my 159 stopped locking (I dont know, but suspect due to the very cold weather we had in scotland -20). ANyway work took me to london and I realised i could not park the car with lots of medical ultrasound kit in it on a london street with the door not locking. By happy coincedence HR Owen are right next door to the surgery I was at, so I took it there, mainly to see if they could give it a once over and to keep the car safley for an hour or so.

Came back a couple of hours later - new door lock mech fitted, software all updated as per recalls etc, all done under warranty and being a scot I'm dead chuffed that I didn't have to pay for london parking.

Hats off to the Service guys at H R Owen, pulling out all the stops and really putting to bed the poor dealer service reputation. I have not had service like this from VW, Audi, BMW, Jag etc. This is my first Alfa but thanks to this forum and the great service I've had so far, not my last one.

cheers, Fraser

U

·
0 Posts
Well done to them - and good to hear a satisfied owner speaking up for a dealer.
:)

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Yes indeed........:)

Very nice to hear some positive feedback from satisfied customers, methinks !!!!!......:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Good to know - living in London I will be looking for good service for my new Brera.

·
Registered
182 Posts
That's good to hear.

The only problem I ever had with HR Owen was their inability to return phone calls, but that was enough for me to then take my business elsewhere.

Maybe it's best to just turn up unannounced? :lol:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
The only problem I ever had with HR Owen was their inability to return phone calls, but that was enough for me to then take my business elsewhere.
They returned my call..... while I was driving back from Meridien Milano after putting a deposit on my Brera :D

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
'kerchung' - any chance you could start driving your brera a bit more around London? as part of my unbearable wait until tomorrow I have been looking everywhere and cant see a single one on the roads! Mitos on every street! :)

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
'kerchung' - any chance you could start driving your brera a bit more around London? as part of my unbearable wait until tomorrow I have been looking everywhere and cant see a single one on the roads! Mitos on every street! :)
But that is part of what is so great about your Brera.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Hopefully the start of tings to come? I understood Alfa were trying to raise their game in respect of Dealer Service. The only time I've taken my car to a Main Dealer, I also got good service; and a couple of weeks later received a phone call from some sort of Marketing Company asking questions about the service I received. At the end of the survey I asked for them to get the Dealer to phone me to answer a question - and duly received a phone call from them. Hopefully if the results of these surveys are fed back to the Dealer (and presumably ARUK) we may all start to see an overall better level of service. Unfortunately, although I haven't had cause to experience it myself, it appears that part of the problem is the attitude of ARUK towards their customers.

I for one will always report good and bad service on here - you never know who may be reading it........

U

·
0 Posts
I stopped in a lay-by on the A52, Derby to Nottingham road today for about 40 minutes and in that time THREE Breras passed me but no 159s! Weird :rolleyes:

·
Registered
121 Posts

Of course paulmacs, only if you wave and gives a thumbs up every time I pass you. What colour is yours?

I've been driving mine for about a month and half now and i've only seen 3 others...they were all red and i'm pretty sure they were all the same one.

Be sure to update us when she arrives.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Picked her up yesterday! RED!

Had the most enjoyable drive from Palmers in Hemel back to Wimbledon. A dream.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts