Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
741 Posts
wow - thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Interesting report to say the least! Anyone who reads it will probably run a mile from that motor, if not any 166. Shame.

·
Registered
10,958 Posts
:cheese::cheese::cheese:
Well i thoght that i had heard it all ken

Then
Sat nav not working..may just need a susbscription.....

Now that is just magic...err tragic...:cheese:

Pomeo

·
Registered
741 Posts
Asked seller a question.

Question
"Dear djwe273,

great looking car - always wanted a V6.
Any work done recently?
What doesn't work? Heard these big alfas have lots of kit to go wrong."

"had loads done in last little while all the big bills!!! runs fine,it's Italian so there will always be something to do,box replaced cambelted other stuff as well nice and straight and fast as only Alfas can be"

No mention of accident damage, non-working electircals or broken belt / head damage

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I loved the bit about the Drivers seat having been welded in position, made me wonder if the previous owner was 6' 6" or 5' 2" :D

Can just hear the Seller saying "Its probably just a sticky motor". :cheese:

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Asked seller a question.

Question
"Dear djwe273,

great looking car - always wanted a V6.
Any work done recently?
What doesn't work? Heard these big alfas have lots of kit to go wrong."

"had loads done in last little while all the big bills!!! runs fine,it's Italian so there will always be something to do,box replaced cambelted other stuff as well nice and straight and fast as only Alfas can be"

No mention of accident damage, non-working electircals or broken belt / head damage
If you want to be really evil just send him the linky to the EVO website. Only problem is that you'd really want to be able to see his face when he opens it!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
G

·
.....who's been phoning the Seller about the Sat Nav :D

He appears to have got a little tetchy - apparently he might have to "send the old girl banger racing" ...... :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320470625780&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D320470625780%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

No mention of the previous owners observations, so its "Caveat Emptor" as they say......
Hmmm, mental was a more apt description :lol:

so who's going to send him the link to evo, just to really send him over the edge :cheese:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Just asked another question on the ebay ad for V855 JEU item 320470625780

"Don't want to worry you, but have you seen evo forum post by jimmy choo?

End of term report for 166 appears to have same car as pictured in your advert.

Did you know you have been driving around in a crash damaged car?

http://community.evo.co.uk/forums/thread.cfm?threadID=45618"

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
C'mon guys, don't diss this car too much - at £800 it isn't exactly a fortune for a 3.0 six-speed with Q2, is it?

A replacement seat is easily sorted, and I tend to agree with the seller - I've never needed a sat nav in 40 odd years driving so the lack of one wouldn't worry me.....

·
Registered
741 Posts
Car is a good breaker - some nice parts there, nobody is dissing the guy who is clearly a car addict.

Have you read the whole post on evo forum?

The give away is the guy's signature block which links to image showing his 155 and 166, which matches the advert.

I asked outright if there was any crash damage. Got reply, about other stuff but no mention of damage.
Caveat emptor.

How many people here have broken cars, rather than sold auctioned them off? I know of several.

·
Registered
741 Posts
C'mon guys, don't diss this car too much - at £800 it isn't exactly a fortune for a 3.0 six-speed with Q2, is it?

A replacement seat is easily sorted, and I tend to agree with the seller - I've never needed a sat nav in 40 odd years driving so the lack of one wouldn't worry me.....
Nice email back from the seller, who is withdwrawing item. Watch out for trade-in cars I guess.

Another Super bites the dust. :(
Form an orderly queue for the parts. :)

·
Registered
10,958 Posts
so it disney huv sat nav then...an there was me seachin furra susbscription too.

NB i never phoned him at awe at awe.

Pomeo

and here wiz me thinking that he hud a sense of humour tae.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts