Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a couple of articles on the super diesel that you can buy such as V-Max from shell. Would it actually make any difference to my M-jet or has anyone tried it? I heard that pound for pound its actually cheaper to run your car on this stuff as its more efficient:eek:

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
My 156 Sport likes the BP Ultimate diesel. More power and quieter at idle (if that's possible). Doesn't seem to like the Shell version though, actually produces more smoke. Perhaps it's better for the JTDm's, not the JTD multijet?

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
I only use the shell V power.

Dunno if it makes any difference, never tried the normal stuff.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I've usually put BP Ultimate Diesel in my 147 Ti, and its been brilliant all round, excellent MPG, and plenty of power too. I stopped though when prices went though the roof and it was up to £1:44 a ltr, and used Sainsburys City Diesel insted, I didn't really notice much difference all round, BUT I certainly saw a LOT of black smoke in my rear view mirror, which I NEVER get with BP Ultimate. Its at an all time low at the moment at just £1:01 a ltr, so I'm regularly topping up with it at the moment !!!!!..........:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll try em both and see what they are like. The black smoke is quite annoying!!

·
Registered
529 Posts
I get about 50 miles more per tank which, when you work out how much more it costs than regular derv, circa £2.50 - £2.80, turns out to be pretty good value.

I have a company car so the cost is not too important to me as I only pay for personal mileage, however, my boss/director who owns the company has started to use it as he agrees it gives him better economy and performance, so it even pleases the bean counters.

I would say however that it may take a couple of tankfuls before you really notice a difference but the car is much more responsive and smoother using either Bp Ultimate or Shell V-Power.

Give it a try.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts