Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

i bought my 156 becuase i loved it (obviously) but also because its has a sunroof. its a shame sunroofs have gone by the wayside since climate control, because that wasnt the point of sunroofs, they are to open up the cockpit, give light and air etc. once you have had a sunroof you never go back......So a question, been looking a specs for GTs and nowhere is listed sunroof as an option, is this right? arent they available anymore?? of course ther Brera has a panoramic roof but for the rest??

Dan

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alfa fit old-fashioned, glass tilt or slide sunroofs
and not the style that first tilt and that slide back
outside of the car. (Which I think personally prefer. ;) )

I doubt the GT has the headroom to accommodate
the slide back inside style of 'roof.

I do miss an opening roof.
:(

·
Registered
38,284 Posts
I deliberatly avoid sunroof's. They usually end up leaking,not working or on an older car rusting round the edges..They also reduce headroom (I am over 6ft) and add weight. I am also not keen on having the sun shine directly in my face while I am driving. I will stick to my aircon, and If I want to see the sky i'll buy a convertible :D

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
I do like a roof if I can get one.. nothing quite like popping the back end up to give you a bit of a breeze and ventilation. Most of my cars have had one and I'd choose a car with one over an identical one without.

Having said that, my GTV has limited headroom (I'm 5'9") so I reluctantly opted to not have one.

Ralf S.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
whereas im a short-arse at 5'7 so not a concern fo rme hehe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts