Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Read Only
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done a sunroof conversion on their ALFA ROMEO GT?? :)

I'm not for chopping a HUGE whole on my roof and I think the profile of the car might change for the worse. This is a pretty good looking masterpiece, but maybe a sunroof might just work..

·
Registered
860 Posts
Why would you want sunroof when you have Climate Control.Do you have the cuts to get someone to cut a bloody big hole in your roof .

·
Registered
938 Posts
i think it will weaken the car, if u look at all the air bags on the roof and the thickness of the back seat it looks like u can roll the car at quite a speed and you should be fine if u have your seat belt on

S

·
0 Posts
I like my sunroof. Factory fit, but also takes up a lot of headroom.

Personally, I wouldn't bother adding one. Hardly ever use mine except on tilt for summer cooling when parked up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i think it will weaken the car, if u look at all the air bags on the roof and the thickness of the back seat it looks like u can roll the car at quite a speed and you should be fine if u have your seat belt on
Webasto says it will strenghten the roof!
As the stock crossmembers are only responsible to keep the curved shape of the roof plate.

·
Read Only
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The sunroof is purely for aesthetic purposes nothing else, there's just something about a car with a sunroof, they look really really good especially pop-up-type ones. In terms of strength and all that other technical stuff, I'm not too concerned about it.

·
Read Only
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All valid points and I agree with you 100%, but I'm a risk-taker and will take risks concerning the GT. I won't go ahead with the sunroof just yet, I still need to do more research. I believe despite all the drawbacks mentioned, there are capable enough minds out there to overcome all challenges, not problems.

I'm also sensible, so I won't go ahead with the sunroof if it's just a stupid idea.

·
Read Only
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sunroof on the GT,

I've come around and will one day purchase GT and throw a sunroof on that baby. I'm a creative and will use that GT as a promo car for my car customising company..!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone done a sunroof conversion on their ALFA ROMEO GT?? :)

I'm not for chopping a HUGE whole on my roof and I think the profile of the car might change for the worse. This is a pretty good looking masterpiece, but maybe a sunroof might just work..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts