Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a phone call about 3:00 today from my youngest lad who lives in Liverpool City centre, I've got a problem, Lucy's car won's start :(

Is she not in the RAC/AA ?

No :(

What's up with the car?

Flat battery from the cold I think :confused:

Oh FFS that's 60 mile round trip with the jump leads :rolleyes:

OK I'll be with you as soon as I can!!!!!!!! :D

This now means Sunday lunch will be late and I'll have to leave it to Jan, I like cooking Sunday lunch so needless to say I'm a bit miffed to say the least, ah well I thinks she's desperate and she's got a hell of a drive back to Kent I'd better hit the road and help out.

Now here's the rant.

While connecting the jump leads to the poor disabled Puma, two men and I use that term very loosely walk past making the comment.

Hur Hur sni99er sni99er Not often you see an Alfa jump starting another car Hur Hur Sni99er sni99er.

At this point having had my Sunday interrupted the cork flew out of the bottle :mad:

I turned to the bloke that had made the comment :mad:

"AND WHAT THE **** DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ALFA'S" :rant:
"EVER EVEN DRIVEN ONE SMARTARSE" :rant:

"er, er, er," :(

"I THOUGHT NOT, I SUGGEST YOU STOP MAKING COMMENTS ABOUT SOMETHING YOU KNOW **** ALL ABOUT, NOW **** OFF" :mad:

"shuffle, shuffle hangs head and moves along shuffle shuffle"

Now I normally just ingnore stuff like that but that comment rubbed me up the wrong way after my Sunday routine had been interrupted :tut:

Any how I got Lucy's car started and she's safely on her way home :thumbs:
We had Sunday lunch but it wasn't up to my usual standard :(

M

·
0 Posts
Good on you for fighting the good fight matey :thumbs:

I've said it before, but folk who make stupid comments like that ultimately don't know 'anything' about cars whatsoever, let alone Alfas.

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've only met Lucy a couple of times and she'd never seen me loose it :eek:

She just laughed when Thom said, don't say bad things about Alfa's when dad is about :lol:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Calm down HM, we don't want you starting anything....

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Calm down HM, we don't want you starting anything....
As if I would ;) :D

Reading between the lines...The Sunday routine was ruined before the morons appeared on the scene ;)
It was sidetracked ;)
Like I said in the opening :rant: the comment sent me over the edge :lol:

Don't you start you should know better :p

Proper blokes would've come over to ask if they could help and what the Brera was like.
Agreed :thumbs:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lucy made it home safe and sound thanks to a boost from Stingray :)

We were worried about the drive back down to Kent, but she's home now :thumbs:

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
See, it's not just me that helps other folk out if they need it :thumbs:

I had similar while my car was being loaded onto a truck (alternator packed in) people hun out the side of a 1.0 polo and shouted crappy alfa :mad:

Luckily the truck driver was an alfa man too :thumbs: he had a sud with a 16v engine in it :D
And he commented on someone could drive a crappy polo and make a comment like that, priceless :D

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Couldn't you have paid for her to join the RAC on the spot when you call them out. Pretty sure you are covered from the moment you join. Used to be the case in time gone by.
Anyway well done HM for standing up for Alfas. That stuff pushes my buttons as well.

·
Registered
474 Posts
i went to the local tip twice this weekend.

saturday:
parked up and did my dump.
walking back and lady in next vehicle said to her driver: 'thats a nice car'

sunday:
parked up, did my dump and went to the shop.
saw some french windows so asked chap in charge if ok to size them up.
which car he says.
the alfa brera i say.
good luck he says.

but as he threw in a free picture with the french windows i wasn't too bothered.

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
See, it's not just me that helps other folk out if they need it :thumbs:

I had similar while my car was being loaded onto a truck (alternator packed in) people hun out the side of a 1.0 polo and shouted crappy alfa :mad:

Luckily the truck driver was an alfa man too :thumbs: he had a sud with a 16v engine in it :D
And he commented on someone could drive a crappy polo and make a comment like that, priceless :D
I'll never forget the time you helped me out :)
The look on your face when I told you the battery for the GTV was in the boot was great :lol:

a day I'll not forget and a debt I'll repay one day :)

Why didn't you attach the jump leads to the nearest wally?
WTF is a wally :confused:

Couldn't you have paid for her to join the RAC on the spot when you call them out. Pretty sure you are covered from the moment you join. Used to be the case in time gone by.
Anyway well done HM for standing up for Alfas. That stuff pushes my buttons as well.
The phone up fee was £155 coupled with a probable charge of £100+ for supply and fit a battery, I decided that less than a £5's worth of deisel was the better choice :)

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
:cry: Had to jump start the wifes Merc this morning.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts