Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AONE meet Sunday April 1st

Start point is the Church mouse 1100am

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=426629&y=549221&z=5&sv=426629,549221&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&ax=426629&ay=549221

post code is DH2 3RJ

This will be a coast run to South Shields more details to follow as I will be doing a full dry route run next week to find some nice roads. (if anyone has local info Pubs/roads/views etc please pm me)

Edit update ....

The route

Depart Church mouse by Noon
South on the A167 to Duram
East onto the B1283 to Easington
short blast up the A19 onto the A1018 into Sunderland
over the bridge chuck a right follow the coast road (A183) to Shields

this is about 40 miles

Plenty of parking at Souter lighthouse.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/anydoo/lh1.jpg

also Mongo's at trow quay beach has a good car park and Carvery. Plenty of places to stop and eat so this can be sorted on the day.

This route is not set in stone and can be changed if anyone has other roads or places of intrest they would like to add then fire away.

I will have walkie talkies by then, I will post details of which model so if anyone else wants to join in they can (looking at the 8km from argos)

Update.... see link, now have walkie talkies
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/north-east/70647-walkie-talkies.html

I also plan to do a drive by loop so I can Video all the cars going past for the next AONE film.

This is not a thrash, more a nice day out for the family and to promote AO and AONE.

please add your names below, if you not sure how to add your name just pm me

1. vantastic (75)
2. Mrs vantastic (spider)
3. marko (147) still offline (will text)
4. Norman (146)
5. Paulcanning (146)
6. Micky ?
7. dxechick (147)

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Just a quick note about stickers, we will be (sticking :lol: ) with the AO one's which are on sale in the shop, but we can add the area on a new sticker if we wish. Let me know what you think at the meet.

This is an idea from the AO team

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
1. vantastic (75)
3. marko (147)
4. Norman (146)
5. Paulcanning (146)
6. Micky ?
7. steveisfrowning

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Off in the morning to sort the route (any excuse to go for a drive) :) and chips :D

Come on, anymore more takers... dont be shy!

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The route I did today

1130 start at Church mouse
South on the A167 to Duram
East onto the B1283 to Easington
short blast up the A19 onto the A1018 into Sunderland
over the bridge chuck a right follow the coast road (A183) to Shields

this is about 40 miles and I got there for 1300hrs just intime for dinner :)

Plenty of parking at Souter lighthouse.

also Mongo's at trow quay beach has a good car park and Carvery. Plenty of places to stop and eat so this can be sorted on the day.

This route is not set in stone and can be changed if anyone has other roads or places of intrest they would like to add then fire away :)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Personally I'd avoid driving through Sunderland if you can help it, as there's quite a few traffic lights etc, which means your convoy might get split up...

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Personally I'd avoid driving through Sunderland if you can help it, as there's quite a few traffic lights etc, which means your convoy might get split up...
Yes I was worried about that bit but its well sign posted, plus we have walkie talkies, will depend on how many turn up...... can always stay on the A19 and go around :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As long as I get fed I don't really care where we go :D

·
Premium Member
77,396 Posts
I might have to bail out (family stuff - kids parties etc.) but I'll keep an eye on the thread in case things change....

if not, enjoy yer haddock...

....as an aside.....is it me or is it quiet in here?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Re: AONE meet Sunday April 1st

This will be a coast run to South Shields more details to follow as I will be doing a full dry route run next week to find some nice roads. (if anyone has local info Pubs/roads/views etc please pm me)
I'm keen for another run out, although seeing as we have some of the UKs most beautiful coastline up here, i'd like to suggest maybe going somewhere a bit nicer on the coast as opposed to shields, which isn't exactly what you would call picturesque.

Somewhere like Bamburgh or Craster to name but two.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hi seems like a decent run out Souter/Marsden /Whitburn are all quite nice, yes i agree up coast there are some fantastic runs but as suggested a smaller run down and up our near coast line should still be an enjoyable day lets save the real nice run outs to up north when the weather is a lot warmer i regulary fish this coast line and the small fishing hamblets are quite plentiful some good watering holes!!

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have kept this a short run due to the time of year and as Howmuch has just pointed out........ we can do the nice stuff when the sun shines, but if someone can add or would like to lead the convoy on some other roads around the Durham area then please post or pm me :)

1. vantastic (75)
3. marko (147) still offline (will text)
4. Norman (146)
5. Paulcanning (146)
6. Micky ?
7. steveisfrowning (not sure)
8. mr orange (156)
9. dxechick (147)

·
Registered
578 Posts
HI M are you still on for coffee on Saturday at Tia Mor,s it will be later this week as im at work on Saturday till 12.30?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Well of cause i,ll be buying should see if anybody else fancies a cup, normally get there sometime after 2 ish nice place for a friendly get together, ohh by the way this is not a meet!!!!!!

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Perhaps we can do coffee mornings with Doctor Alfa.
He will sort your little problems for the costa coffee & breakfast. :lol:

1 - 20 of 96 Posts