Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new Giulia today having only driven one once. Lovely car and very different to the Stelvio it replaces. Love it BUT what an ill thought out sun visor. I am 5ft 10 and have the seat quite high but found it useless on the motorway home with the lowish sun at midday, can’t imagine how bad it is when the sun is very low and driving into it.

Never thought I’d have to consider getting a sun visor extension.

I haven’t seen this mentioned in any of my research, am I alone here or is there something I can do about it that I’m not aware of?

· Registered
1,431 Posts
Never had a problem with the visor on my Giulia so I don't understand exactly what the problem is. Our Stelvio is a different matter. There is a cutaway where the 'floating' end clips in, which allows dazzling rays through.

Reactions: cue2

· Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never had a problem with the visor on my Giulia so I don't understand exactly what the problem is. Our Stelvio is a different matter. There is a cutaway where the 'floating' end clips in, which allows dazzling rays through.
Never had a problem with the Stelvio sun visor, it blocked the sun, which is what it’s supposed to do, the Giulia one is as bad as the GTV visor imo, it’s not deep enough to block the sun when it’s not even that low. I am not a short arse so I am surprised that I am clearly on my own here as I have not seen a single negative about it from what I’ve read.

This is my only negative after just a few hours of ownership and a 2 hour trip home, it’s a fabulous drivers car and I’m sure I haven’t come close to discovering just how good it is.

· Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio Feb 2017 Alfa Rosso, Fiat 500e Apr 2021
2,552 Posts
No problem in my Giulia in five years. Have AR changed the design in any way in recent build cars I wonder?

· Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a cunning plan, use one of the seat memory settings to raise the seat to full height for when the sun is low and in my eyes :D

· Registered
2020 Giulia Veloce
117 Posts
I am 5'9" and had problems with the visor until I twigged to simply raise the seat and readjust all the other settings including the steering wheel and since then have never had a problem with the sun. I don't need to have it anywhere near its maximum height either. As I am sure you are aware at this time of year the sun is very low in the sky so that won't help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts