Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have booked our summer holiday remarkably early this year, usually a last minute thing where we are stuck for choice and just end up with what's left :lol:

so this year i decided to have a look now ;)

we've been to most directions across the country, went down to cornwall last year which was superb, but haven't been up to the lake district for some time. i used to go up there regularly for the rac rally and some national/brc ones.

so this year we've decided to go back to the lakes, show the kids how beautiful the english countryside can be :cool:

we have now booked a lovely looking farm cottage north of millom, around the area of waberthwaite from what i can make out.

know it is near the usual attractions of windermere/coniston and the forests of grizedale but what i'm looking for is suggestions of great family places to visit. any suggestiosn welcome, you guys know the area best :thumbs:
mountains,
forests,
biking,
horse-riding,
good sandy beaches,
sea fishing?,
theme park even?

but more after the great english countryside rather than the butlins type of venues.

going mid august, sat 11th for a week so if anything interesting locally comes up then we'd appreciate being given the nod :thumbs:

cheers in advance guys, i know the AO members will be able to help yet again :cool:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers guys :thumbs:

doing a few of the mountains will be on the agenda, probably going to take the bikes with us too so should be fun :D

that animal farm has gone onto the list too :thumbs: prompted me to check the tesco clubcard deals too so have 3 things now that i can use vouchers on, the animal farm plus the lakes aquarium at newby bridge and the ullswater steamer. all venues accept the tesco vouchers so £10 in money spent will get me £40 worth of vouchers :cool:
used £35 of vouchers i had lying around so will get £140 of vouchers.

wil have something to do at least :lol:

think i will need a holiday after the week is doen though, all the activites being lined up :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts