Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lads I am looking for some advice...

For a long time, even before I got bitten by the Alfa bug and bought my 156 that I am driving now, I have lusted after a GTV. Now before you tell me I need my head examined I am an ex-motor mechanic and do most things within reason on my 156 but I was thinking about picking up a GTV and doing it up as a summer driver. I do about 85mls a day 4days a week and its boring as hell, even in my 156 sometimes. But I was thinking this might perk up june-september

Alfa Romeo Spider 1997 for sale in Dublin : €750 - DoneDeal.ie

The prices are getting quite low now and think of the fun you might have for 750 + fixing price( and some sweat and tears too...)

Right tell me I am mad...

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
What Dave said!

I'm actually looking to move my GTV on as I'm on the lookout for a JTS engined 159. It just this week had a timing belt change pm me of you want more details.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Don't ask me, I'm mad already....!

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Don't ask me, I'm mad already....!
Agree :thumbs:

As to the question about a GTV , you ask us Alfa entuasists to give you guidence , some of us have sold our wives for Alfa's :D

Go on you know you need a GTV :thumbs:

J

·
0 Posts
A chap in trim has that spider now mate. It's parked up at gillens on the Dublin road. The guy is a mech so could well be for sale after the work is done...

·
Registered
698 Posts
It's catching, as you well know!

·
Registered
5,949 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hi guys
I'm looking to do the same and pick myself up a spider. I like the look of this and was wondering if any knew the car, the owner or even if it was still for sale. The ad is over 80 days old and and I've left a message with the owner but haven't heard back.

Donal

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hi guys
After looking at a few ropey Spiders (Wicklow direction) and contemplating heading to the UK I've taken the plunge. Went for the one above. She's in fairly good condition, considering her age, good history over the past 5 years. Mostly by Gerry in Ti Autos so I know she's straight. Needs some TLC, but not a huge amount. Here's a photo for those interested. Will get a proper clean soon.

Donal

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Fab, best of luck with it. :)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts