Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a niggling issue that I'm seeking input on

My 96 spider suffers a brief power drop if i'm going round a roundabout and most right corners. It almost seems like a missfire, she occasionally does it on a straight under acceleration, but no warning lights and she idles and starts fine if hot. On the odd time I've had to use the acelerator to start her from cold. I've cleaned the MAF with contact cleaner. I have an aftermarket aircone in lieu of airbox. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

VBM

·
Registered
337 Posts
I would start by taking the cone of and putting it back to standard.at least if it doesn't change anything it's one thing to rule out.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I would start by taking the cone of and putting it back to standard.at least if it doesn't change anything it's one thing to rule out.
+1 the standard intake setup on these cars is actually quite good and while an aftermarket system may look good and sound throatier I doubt it adds much to performance.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Are you sure its a misfire and not the battery moving about and arcing against the bodywork..?

Check its secure.

The fact it happens on righf turns is a bit of a indicator of this, on the straight I am guessing not on perfectly smooth roads...?

Good luck
..!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I had that a few times. Hadn't secured the battery as has been mentioned. Everything just died for a fraction of a second when changing direction quickly

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
solved

Hi all and thanks for the responses. I appear to have solved it. The Maf was incorrectly positioned so every time I cornered, centrifugal force banged the connectors onto the body. I rotated the Maf and re-secured it and hey presto no issues for two days. :thumbu p:

Thanks again guys

VBM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts