Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I've got a 166 2.0 TS and suddenly when I was driving one day it started to become very slow below 3000rpm. When I stopped, the car had a very odd and hazy idle, where the car shook quite badly. It seems to be no trouble driving the car except that it feels very slow like a 50hp car, and not a 155 hpcar.

I used alfadiag and these fault codes came up:
P0300 - Misfires detected

P0301 - Cylinder 1 ignition failures

P0303 - Cylinder 3 ignition failures

I have changed all the coils and spark plugs without any improvement!
Is there any other parts that are responsible for the firing mechanism/order? Anything that can be tested or changed?
Please, any advice or previous experiences like this is much welcome.

Morten

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Sounds like its more ignition based than anything unless a set of injectors have gone.
You checked the ht leads and which sparks did you change?!?

did you swap the coils to check that if you moved them to other cylinders you'd get the errors there?!?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like its more ignition based than anything unless a set of injectors have gone.
You checked the ht leads and which sparks did you change?!?

did you swap the coils to check that if you moved them to other cylinders you'd get the errors there?!?
I swapped the coils but got the the same response. I changed all the sparkplugs. I remember the first and second one looked a bit rusty.

Some other guys I talked to mention the injector, or injector valves? My knowledge stops at the coil and sparkplugs unfortunately.

What would an ignition problem involve, like you suggested?

Morten

1 - 3 of 3 Posts