Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I need to fit 10mm wheel spacers either side of the rear axel on the Minari to make space for the filler hose.

Can I just buy universal plates or are there specific ones for the sud hubs? Does the sud share hubs with another alfa?

Thanks!

Adam

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi all, I need to fit 10mm wheel spacers either side of the rear axel on the Minari to make space for the filler hose.

Can I just buy universal plates or are there specific ones for the sud hubs? Does the sud share hubs with another alfa?

Thanks!

Adam
Hi Adam

Yes universal will do the job.

You might consider fitting only one of the spacers, the one on the petrol filler side. This is because the Minari RS does not seem to be quite square. I have installed only one 10mm spacer to the petrol filler side of my RS to avoid rubbing against the filler hose. If you measure the depth of the wheel arches, i.e. from the inside veritical inner wing to the edge of the body at the top of the wheel arch it is about 10mm different and this is the same on all of the RS's that have been measured in this way.

Regards

Paul. :thumbs:

·
Registered
725 Posts
I would add - check that your rear axle is central on the car. There should be at least 10-15mm clearance between wheel and petrol hose. Also check that your wheels have the correct offset. Should be an ET of 37mm.
I haven't needed spacers on either of my Minaris.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I appreciate its a bit more involved, but have you considered spacing the whole hub 10mm further out on the axle/beam? If you are prepared to do both sides, you can add some -ve camber whilst you're there byusing slightly thicker shims on the lower mounting bolts.

My experience of spacers was that changing the wheel was a total ball-ache unless you use a hubcentric type spacer, and the wheel bearings would wear out at an accelerated rate. not sure, but i believe hubcentric spacers have to be 15mm thick, or more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts