Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reflectors on the outer lights on my s3 ti are quite corroded now. Luckily about 10 years ago I managed to get hold of some replacements, so I want to get them fitted.

Has anyone fitted any recently, or got any tips about fitting them and getting the old ones off without breaking them?

·
Registered
190 Posts
ti lights

The reflectors on the outer lights on my s3 ti are quite corroded now. Luckily about 10 years ago I managed to get hold of some replacements, so I want to get them fitted.

Has anyone fitted any recently, or got any tips about fitting them and getting the old ones off without breaking them?
Easy enough to fit, once you have got the old ones out. If you've the all plastic surrounds just give all the adjusters a bloody good dousing in wd or something before you start. Take care not to force anything when you undo stuff. When you have wound all the adjusters back the lamps will need just a little push from behind. The last time I changed some I smeared the rim of the new lamps with vaseline to help stop them from sticking again and also to stop water from getting stuck between the lamp and surround and so help prevent more rusting. Keep hold of the little plastic adjuster receivers from your old lamps.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Just be very careful how you will remove the old headlights because the plastic mounting points will be "dry" and possibly will break if you will be violent to them. That will be bad because they are not so easy to find and replace them. other than that , there is nothing difficult about it.

Also i would recommend to wash your new headlights , possibly in the bathroom with soap and a toothbrush and after that dry them with a hairdryer .

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. The adjusters look pretty rusty so I'll give them a good dose of wd over the next few days.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I fitted the new outer headlights yesterday with no problem.

I've now realised how bad the inner ones are - pretty rotten on the outside and the reflector is dull and starting to corrode. I tried washing them out which improved the inside of the glass, but I really need to try to find some new ones.

I know the outer lights are impossible to get now, but does any one know if the inner ones are available anywhere??

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have been searching for weeks on behalf of a friend who has nearly finished restoring a 84 ti GC and hasn't any good lights for it. Even tried various outlets in europe, nothing found - have heard E 30 BMW twin lights from the late 1980's early 1990's 3 series model is an option - doesn't look exactly the same but does work for anyone who hasn't got a working set. If you do come across an extra set please let me know.

·
Registered
162 Posts
would Fiat Ritmo(Strada), Fiat 131, Fiat 124 Sport headlights fit ?? just thinking aloud as i also need them and didnt go for BMW E30 ones yet as they are flattish, whilst the Alfa / Fiat ones are domed....

are all Ti lights 5 3/4" in diameter ? or were the earlier Series 1 & 2 larger / smaller ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts