Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My Sud Ti Cloverleaf is ready for painting after a back to metal rebuild, however we can't figure out whether the black stripe on each side of the car is matt or gloss? can anyone help?
Thanks Sean

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers lad's

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
bit late i know, but it is Definately not gloss,
like they said satin or matt

PS be nice to see some pics of the finished sud, maybe give me a bit of inspiration to get on with it.... :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
satin! mmm nearly finished! thanks lads

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Post some pictures then Sean :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will, they seem to be too big a file....

·
Registered
28 Posts
ref stripe

can anyone help I bought myself after a long search a sud ti as soon as I collected it I took it straight to the bodyshop for a respray when I bought the car it had a black painted stripe . I want to put the stripe back on but I have contacted a couple of people and they said it never left the factory with a black stripe on it was put on at dealerships

If so was it originaly a sticker or was it always painted:)

K

·
0 Posts
i bought mine as a sticker, got it made up at a local printshop.
easier than trying to get a fine painted line done, but was fiddly to fit though :lol:

all the ti's i've seen have the stripe ;)

·
Registered
870 Posts
i would go with satin too mate, i know its a different car but i did that section on the GTV with ford graphite grey satin-ish finish, looks ok..

Alfa01, just out if intrest where did you bring your sud for painting?

·
Registered
28 Posts
ref stripe

Thanks the reason i ask as i rang a dealership as they have one in there showroom and they said its a sticker.
curently my car is at a bodyshop in gravely herts company called finishline they are very good its family owned and everyone one who works there loves cars so its more then just a job to them so they take pride in there work could not believe the color match as they painted everything except roof andd tailgate as the car had been painted in 1994 and the color code had been taken off i go and see her every couple of days take some pictures at differnet stages they are a very good bodyshop they done my other car i had a gtv.:) maybe gettin the her back home this weekend which i am looking forward to

·
Registered
725 Posts
The 95bhp TiX Sud had a sticker on the lower side bodywork. Sort of a spotted grey/black with the words Alfa Romeo written in the pattern. this was a UK dealer 'special'.
The 105bhp cars had solid satin black paint which was factory applied and used throughout northern Europe.

·
Registered
28 Posts
ref stripe

this is one of the pictures out of many from a few weeks ago the car is nearly finished now
just needs the stripe putting on and a clean then i will post updated pictures
i will prob decide to have the stripe done as a sticker form

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
nice car m8 :thumbs:

just wondering, hope i am not hijacking yr post .... what are those two small circular holes on the front panel under the headlights ? they are on my 1.3 4-door too and was wondering if there eveer was rubber grommets on them so i know what i have to do when i finsih it ... where they for headlight wiper specced cars :confused:

·
Registered
741 Posts
There are normally ruber grommets in them and the holes are for headlight wipers. ie Gold Cloverleaf versions

1 - 20 of 34 Posts