Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have just finnished my Sud but have a problem with the lights, if my memory is right 1st turn of the stork is side lights, 2nd is headlights, push out the button and main beams come on with the headlights still on however i have no main beam unless i pull the stork and flash them, they will not stay on with the button in or out.
I did have to move the loom and extend all the wires but did keep all together(i hope) so could it be a relay?

any help would be appreciated.:confused:

·
Registered
932 Posts
:eek: Sound like a relay to me, my 33 used to do this until I replaced the relay with a new one which solved the issue. Is your sud a V8 or an 8 valve? , just looking at your member car underneath your posts.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:eek: Sound like a relay to me, my 33 used to do this until I replaced the relay with a new one which solved the issue. Is your sud a V8 or an 8 valve? , just looking at your member car underneath your posts.

I will get a new relay and try that. Yes it has a v8.

Thanks Eddie

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had some spare relays and changed them over but no luck, my fuse/relay panel is not the same as the picture in the haynes book, it has a line of fuses with 4 relays under the fuses and a large black plastic relay.
can someone tell which relay is for the main beam.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi, I currently have the same problem with my sud but haven't got around to fixing it yet so am interested to see what works for you.
No help i know, but thats old italian wiring for ya.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only oblong one I have is for the indicators other than that they are normal size. Am i right in thinking that the headlights do not go out when the main beams are turned on?.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only oblong one I have is for the indicators other than that they are normal size. Am i right in thinking that the headlights do not go out when the main beams are turned on?.
can some answer this question?:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts