Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I presume this would be near impossible to find the parts to do this...

Would this be the case?

Looking to convert a '84 Sud to take to Greece.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Hi

Depends on which bits probably. Rack is one thing, but not sure if a far more recent 33 lhd rack would do the job. Dashboard is probably the hardest thing thing to source.

Think the pedal box can just be swapped over and the wiring loom might be possible to modify.

Door mirrors might be tricky of you want original ones

Passenger side boot release might just be easiest to live with!

All the best

Keith

K

·
0 Posts
bulkhead is completely different.

you'd have to move ;

battery tray & battery,
brake servo/master cylinder,
brake piping to the master cylinder

you'd also have to cut a large hole in the bulkhead to mount the pedal box/servo mount.

and weld the other side up as there'd be a ruddy great hole.

possible to use a 33 rack as you'd have to chop a hole through both layers of the firewall. the 33 rack won't fit the sud hole, not the power steering one anyway.

dashboard you could source form a lhd car, but the wiring would all have to be lengthened & moved to reach across the car.

and the boot release would be the easy bit, all suds have the captive bolts in both sides of the inner sill ready to swap it over :D

by far the easiest option would be to buy a lhd sud ;)

·
Registered
843 Posts
I once had a series 3 1.5SC that had the line 'previously registered/used abroad' on the V5 and it was registered in the UK about a year old. What was odd about it was it was r/h drive, and I think always had been, but the boot release was on the left side of the car - not very convenient unless you had an attractive passenger and needed to lean over and release the boot:D.

G

·
0 Posts
It started life as a left hander wiring would be your biggest proble and steering

G

·
0 Posts
If you look at most of the alfa range the cars are l/hand drive in a lot of cases this is what makes them so awkward to work on !

G

·
0 Posts
Just out of curiousity that seem a lot of work unless your planning on staying there long term and r/hand drives are a lot more rare than l/hand ones . Why a sud ? Probably cheaper to buy a l/ hand drive 145/147!!

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
All suds and early sprints in NZ (rhd here too in case you didn't know) had the boot release on the passenger side. Bonnet release as well. Annoying, really.

J

·
0 Posts
I'm selling a LHD 33 if you're interested. Cheap as chips but its in Ireland...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts