Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have developed an oil leak from the back of the gearbox on my 83Sud 1.5 Ti G/C. My alfa garage cannot locate a new oil seal from anyone it seems - if anyone can help or knows where I can get one it would be very much appreciated.:)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pat, Aparantly Justsuds are trying to locate one and all my mans contacts are looking....since january so they seem hard to locate.

Fyi, I haven't forgotton re the 1200Ti, I left a message with the guy last night so hoping to get a reply this weekend so I can see what state it's in.

Thanks again,

Nick

·
Registered
315 Posts
NCW

If its the round seal around the shaft that goes into the back of the gearbox - i've got one in my hand ready to do the job on my own car!!

I got it from my local (ex) Alfa dealer parts department

Part number 60612499 - it cost a couple of quid at most

hope this helps

cheers

Matt

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I did the gear-change shaft oil seal on my 33, even bought the tool for inserting new seal into place, but not really needed if you're careful. You could try to get the seal number, as opposed to the AR part no., and get it from a supplier Failing that take its dimensions using a vernier gauge and try again with a supplier.

·
Registered
315 Posts
@ armoore

how easy is it to get the old oil seal out, did you manage to do this with the gearbox in situ or is a bigger job than that??

cheers

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Dead easy, I used a small screwdriver to gently prise it out. Done in situ, you just need to get under the car to detach linkage---BUT----
drain the oil first!

·
Registered
315 Posts
NCW

Part number is on an earlier post of mine above

I just ordered it from my local dealer and they got it in for me

cheers

·
Registered
315 Posts
@ NCW ---

did you get a seal? if you did, have you done the job yet??

I've just taken another look at mine and the oil is dripping out now, so i need to do the job real soon.

I've taken a look at the haynes manual and at the parts under the car, it all looks quite straight forward - - -execept that there is a roll pin that goes thro' the lever arm and gearbox shaft!!

How do you get this out when everything is still in the car??? As far as i can see, it goes diagonally thro' the shaft - but in such a way so that you can't get to it from the top or from underneath???

Can anyone shed any light on this one for me please

cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hi Matt
When you say local dealer, do you mean L.C .Motors in Cwmbran?
As you may know we have no dealer anymore here in Cardiff. When we did they were not interested in ordering Sud parts.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry Matt, just see your post, no in fact I haven't had it done yet and my local Alfa man seems a bit dis-interested too.......

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi NCW

Well i did the job today - and what a pain in the neck it was - especially as the car is only on axle stands, so everything was done lying on my back, with limited space to move!!

If you want a detailed explanation of how i did it with everything still on the car, i'll gladly put more details here. I have taken some pics but on their own they won't make much sense (saying that - putting into words what i did will be fun!!):)

cheers

1 - 20 of 25 Posts