Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I know of only one series 2 Ti in that colour that I think is based in Cheshire, it's an absolute minter on a W plate, completely standard. I last saw it Boxer day Sheffield in 2007 and have been hoping to see it ever since, it seems to have gone to ground. I know it was in a mag a few years ago with some other 'suds, pictures are on the alfasud register site. It's one of my favourite 'suds I know to exist.

If it is that car I'm surprised it's out in this weather so I hope it isn't but there can't be many bruno cilento series 2's in cheshire.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a minter and yes according to Alfie at HRG it was featured in Auto Italia a while ago.

On Monday it was inside the Garage bonnet up and over the inspection pit when I was there so I sneaked a look in the engine bay and underneath - very tidy!
I didn't look at the interior but I imagine that was good as well.

Reason I am interested is that in early 80's I had a Series 2 1.5Ti in the same colour. Mine disappeared due to rust but it was only my second car (first I bought myself) and is the reason for me being an Alfisti. Had another Sud afterwards 1.5 Gold Cloverleaf followed by a 1.5 33 Special Edition (had a vinyl roof).

PS - It was also there yesterday AM awaiting collection and unfortunately it was outside and getting a bit wet. I do hope the owner has decent dry storage and a means of drying her off properly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah the interior is mint also mate, think it's a guy called John that owns it, sounds like it is that car. Glad somebody has seen it again!
I owned a 33 also a few years back, 1.7 8 valve series 2. It really did go like the clappers, just stopping that was the problem! Half wish I'd held onto it, it was the rare cloverleaf veloce model in the right colour, red. It really needed a couple of grand throwing at it which financially at least, wasn't justifiable.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you mean. Currently throwing a couple of £K at recently acquired Cup 125 (my wife isn't reading this is she?) hence the reason I was at HRG - full rear suspension rebuild.

I'd love to re-aquaint myself with a Sud but although I could probably scrape the cash together over a period of time I have nowhere to house one - dry storage being an obvious pre-requisite. Shame as there is what looks like a lovely S2 1.5Ti in Red in W Sussex currently for sale at £3k ish. I need a lockup (or two).

I shall ask Alfie who owns said Sud if he is local and find out what is happening to her.
Bruno Cilento - I vaguely remember that being the name of the colour. I shall remember the name now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts