Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Absolutely love my GT Blackline but was never a fan of the BlackLine logo on the boot so I thought I'd have a mess around...
I think it looks a bit more subtle and more in keeping with the name.
The wheels also need a bit of refurbishment but I'm undecided about whether to stick with the anthracite or go for a more silver colour🤷‍♂️
Other things I've considered are tinted windows and possibly a roof spoiler similar to this
any opinions to help on these decisions are more than welcome.
Cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
All down to taste really. A black car does limit the options a little bit as you can quite easily achieve the 'drug dealer' look :). Black car + shiny silver is tried and tested. In terms of looks I think the GT is quite curious, personally I wouldn't do much at all although some owners do like a subtle boot spoiler (see Autodelta Alfa Romeo GT Super Evo picture #43588 | Autodelta photo gallery | CarsBase.com).

If money is no object, gunmetal or shiny silver Jetfins on a GT look a bit lovely (see bottom of page 1 - Toshko's Content - Squadra916). I am biased though as I've bought some for my 156 (y).

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
yaers ago I saw a black Golf with bronze satin wheels and it looked different but smart imho.
Good shout. I think Loz down at Autolusso south had TI wheels on a 159 done in bronze. Very unique (y)

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
(y)

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'd get too OCD about the asymmetry of the silver clashing with the bronze and end up doing the wing mirror caps, grille/badge and maybe door handles, turning it into a tacky mess.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Looks great. Does anyone know the specific colour of the 'bronze', and also if the wheels were powder coated or painted?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I was gonna suggest satin chromed mirror covers, but seems like the blackline already has them :p

Either way, on that car, if you want to spend some money, id suggest a different set of wheels, personally i think the 17" multispokes are the definitive GT-wheels, but i cant really bring myself to spend 500 bucks on those myself.

Spoiler/bodykit wise the Autodelta boot spoiler is pretty much the only thing i think that looks right on a GT, If i ever take to making the GT more racey, that is definitely on the shoppinglist, as it is though, i dont think my car has the oomph to match a flashy wing.

On a blackline i'd see if there are some GTA-ish darkened headlights, and maybe remove/black out the horizontal chrome bits in the scudetto, give it a more meanish grill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts