Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a new one on me. I have no idea if it is just a fluke or a forum bug. :confused:

I've never subscribed to a thread on AO, yet today I when I was surfing I noticed a strange, unfamiliar icon beside a thread title. It was the subscription icon. Apparently I was somehow subscribed to Hans' "Return from the U.S" thread. Actually when I checked my subscription list, I was subcribed to half a dozen strange threads, including some that haven't been active in months.

I've gone through my full profile before, and I've never found any accidental subscriptions. I don't know if I inadvertently did something strange or if this is some sort of unintended feature.
--Toronto

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
you may have accidently changed this in your usercp, did you update it recently? The subscription icon has only been added recently, hence why you have only recently spotted it (about 2 weeks now), we certainly have not made any changes to peoples accounts thats for sure, and if we did, we would have given notice.

AO

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was the second thing I checked, after I checked to see which threads I was subsribed to. The setting was still on "do not subscribe." I really don't understand it.

I think the last time I checked my user CP was after AO Grey was released into the wild. I tried the new skin (including viewing the User CP to see if there were any new features in that version) then switched back to Classic (and checked to see that I didn't accidently change anything). At that time I had no subscriptions.

As I said, this was really strange, I had supposedly subscribed to threads that haven't been opened in months and months.
--Toronto

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It just happened again. Posted on a thread and then was automatically subscribed to it.

[Edit: I think I've just figured out the trigger, although the cause is still a mystery. It only seems to happen after I do a quick edit on a post, as I have done on this post. Somehow the edit function is tied to the subscription one. :confused: ]
--Toronto

1 - 8 of 8 Posts