Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone, this is my 1st post here.

I have a problem with the subwoofer in the rear parcel shelf of my 156 gta, it vibrates at relatively low volumes, I changed the unit and it still does it :confused: , do you think I need to strengthen the mounting with some mdf or do you think it is something else?

any suggestions gratefully received.

O

·
0 Posts
Hello to everyone, this is my 1st post here.

I have a problem with the subwoofer in the rear parcel shelf of my 156 gta, it vibrates at relatively low volumes, I changed the unit and it still does it :confused: , do you think I need to strengthen the mounting with some mdf or do you think it is something else?

any suggestions gratefully received.
Same here. Was thinking of dismantling and checking if anything could be secured from vibration.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I have the parcel shelf cover taken off, it was the clips that were vibrating of the cover and no matter how much sound proofing I used it didnt matter. Doesnt look well having it taken off mind you, but sounds better till get a permanent fix

O

·
0 Posts
I have the parcel shelf cover taken off, it was the clips that were vibrating of the cover and no matter how much sound proofing I used it didnt matter. Doesnt look well having it taken off mind you, but sounds better till get a permanent fix
Can you describe the clips and their position - are these fixing the subwoofer to the shelf, or the shelf to the car?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
It's the shelf to the car, i think they are moulded in if you dont have the Bose set-up, but clipped in to get access to subwoofer if you have Bose. I have tried using dynomat to no avail on just about everything near the subwoofer. Only thing that worked was to take the parcel shelf cover off (two on the shelf but only took off the one covering the sub).

·
Registered
441 Posts
I find its not the sub or the shelf that vibrates - rather the cloth speaker cover above the sub which slaps up and down making a farty noise at modest volumes.

Pull it tight and the farting stops (!).

Havnt thought of a non-destructive soln yet.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I find its not the sub or the shelf that vibrates - rather the cloth speaker cover above the sub which slaps up and down making a farty noise at modest volumes.

Pull it tight and the farting stops (!).

Havnt thought of a non-destructive soln yet.
As I have said, thats what I have removed, although with some songs it still vibrates a little I have noticed (the sub itself)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts