Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the GT in for an MOT. She passed with flying colours! :thumbs:

However, the tester did point out that the inter-cooler bracket was badly corroded and the front sub-frame has seen better days.

I have the part number for the inter-cooler bracket (46809477 costs £82.14+vat from Alfa), however, being as GT parts are hugely more expensive than 147 & 156 parts even though effectively they're the same car underneath I was wondering if the inter-cooler bracket from a 147 or 156 JTD was the same as the GT.

Also are 147 & 156 front sub-frames the same as the GT?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know of many parts which people sell as GT parts when they have come off of a 147. They're interchangable, so they sell them at higher prices. If you can why not?

If you know which parts are interchangable, buy them for the cheaper model.

It's a bit like buying a Vauxhall Astra MAF, for £30 when the same one fits a 156 and costs £80 when it's labelled as an Alfa part. Always check to see where they're interchangeable.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Intercooler bracket is listed on eper as the same part for both 147 and Gt, also list's the same subframe for both but the 147 has 2 more updated versions listed (from 06>), probably due to the facelift but would still fit as they are all interchangeable.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Having had a proper look at my subframe the rust is just surface rust.
Structurally it's very sound, so I might just wire brush it and Hammerite it.

I'm trying to source an intercooler bracket from a breakers to save a few £££'s

Anyone replaced theirs? Any issues?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts