Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure you're all aware the standard speakers in the 156 aren't great. Compared to my old clio they're dire in fact! That came with Blaupunkt as standard :eek:

I have a sub to fit but i'm not quite sure where to run the cables. Is there already a grommet anywhere through to the engine compartment?

Could anyone who has a sub tell me the best place to run the Aux cables?

Any help appreciated :)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Cheers mate, i'll have a look at mine later and hopefully be able to use that one :thumbs:

About the cables under the carpet... Does it involve ripping out the chairs or any other OTT thing like that or is it relatively simple?
Nope, on the left side of the car remove the door sills, then the door pillar card, then the carpet just unclips and you run the cable beside the front seats, you'll probably have to remove the rear seat to get the cable through to the boot (I had mine removed anyway) ... there's a guide on here showing how to replace the interior of the 156 which is useful ... I think it was written by dojohamster ... :thumbs:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, on the left side of the car remove the door sills, then the door pillar card, then the carpet just unclips and you run the cable beside the front seats, you'll probably have to remove the rear seat to get the cable through to the boot (I had mine removed anyway) ... there's a guide on here showing how to replace the interior of the 156 which is useful ... I think it was written by dojohamster ... :thumbs:
Cheers mate, I'm getting there :D

I'm a bit stuck though. I've got to the grommet under the rubber sill on the passengers side and i've pushed the power cable through but can't for the life of me find it the other side (inside the car).

Did you have to take the glove compartment out of your car at all to do it?

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Cheers mate, I'm getting there :D

I'm a bit stuck though. I've got to the grommet under the rubber sill on the passengers side and i've pushed the power cable through but can't for the life of me find it the other side (inside the car).

Did you have to take the glove compartment out of your car at all to do it?
Well I first pushed it thought the hold on the far right side of the car (i.e. the bit that is exposed without removing the wiper unit cover) and I took off the glove box when I was searching for where that came out (which was no-where :lol:) ... I would have thought you'd be able to do it without removing the glove box ... but to be honest, removing the glove box interior is a 5 min job so you might as well do it - you don't need to remove the glove box door to do this ...

... also you will need to remove the rear seats to get the cable through to the boot ...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I first pushed it thought the hold on the far right side of the car (i.e. the bit that is exposed without removing the wiper unit cover) and I took off the glove box when I was searching for where that came out (which was no-where :lol:) ... I would have thought you'd be able to do it without removing the glove box ... but to be honest, removing the glove box interior is a 5 min job so you might as well do it - you don't need to remove the glove box door to do this ...

... also you will need to remove the rear seats to get the cable through to the boot ...
I figured it would be easier so I have started removing the glovebox interior. There isn't anything behind the grommet is there that may be stopping the wire coming through?

I've pushed about a metre lengths through but no luck so far in finding it!

Thanks for your quick response by the way mate. It's helpful as I'm doing this right now! :lol:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I figured it would be easier so I have started removing the glovebox interior. There isn't anything behind the grommet is there that may be stopping the wire coming through?

I've pushed about a metre lengths through but no luck so far in finding it!

Thanks for your quick response by the way mate. It's helpful as I'm doing this right now! :lol:
sounds like you're not putting it through the right hole ...you have definately taken off the cover that goes over the wiper motors haven't you ...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sounds like you're not putting it through the right hole ...you have definately taken off the cover that goes over the wiper motors haven't you ...
Hahaha :D

Yeah I have. Finally got the power cable through.

I was pushing it through the fatter tube part of the grommet but it wasn't coming out anywhere so I finally got the idea to put it through the higher bit and bingo it came straight out :thumbs:

Does the door trim clip off once you've unscrewed it because I tried to pull it off earlier but it felt like it was going to snap.

Also one more question, you're probably sick of me now :lol:

Where did you attach your earth wire?

Cheers mate

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
You have to lift the door trim upwards as there are 2 prongs that hold it down ... as for the earth ... pretty much anywhere on the chassis, I've got my sub mounted under my rear parcel shelf and I've earthed it to one of the screws that used to hold the BOSE amp in place ...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You have to lift the door trim upwards as there are 2 prongs that hold it down ... as for the earth ... pretty much anywhere on the chassis, I've got my sub mounted under my rear parcel shelf and I've earthed it to one of the screws that used to hold the BOSE amp in place ...
Thanks for the help mate.

Was an absolute motherlicker to fit but finally got it sorted :thumbs:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts