Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Preamble
I wear Jeans to work and being tight (cheap) & unfashionable I have in the past bought the £10 ones from Dunnes / Primark. these were quite sufficient for my needs and it didn't matter if they got ripped or covered in oil / muck / concrete / tar or even sewage (if I was really unlucky)
Recently though wifey has tried to tart me up a bit and I have on occasion discovered myself in Next paying anything up to £25 for one pair (I consoled myself with the fact that these expensive ones could double up as good, ie weekend, jeans.)

Rant
It turns out these jeans have a zip fly which is about an inch too short, this isn't a problem if I remember to undo belt, button & zip, but sometimes, usually when I'm in a hurry, I forget and begin the extraction process having only undone the zip.
So halfway through I realise things aren't going well, body parts have been hooked / part extracted and, internally, processes are beginning.

I now have 2 options -

1. poke him back in, carefully, and undo belt & button to allow for a pain free extraction, and hope to do so before the processes begin fully.
  2. Grit teeth and continue extraction while muffling screams of pain (zips are sharp),
    this is sometimes the only option, and still means I have to undo my belt and button with one hand (the other being on protection duty) in order to put the poor little fella back in.
Neither of these options are desirable, Nr.1 can end very badly, Nr.2 hurts, and both can be very embarrassing if I happen to be in a public convenience.

So, Next how much can 1 extra inch of zip cost, others can fit a full length zip on their 10 quid jeans, so please in future when considering zip length, think about lil' Marksie :cry:

PS this isn't an overly elaborate way of trying to tell you all how 'gifted' I am, I reckon I'm about average... maybe just above average.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Haha, what a beauty.

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Sonneti and Wrangler jeans are the best for this matter imo. They give you plenty of area to work with.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,815 Posts

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
:thumbs:, can these be bought for a tenner. :confused:, :D

it just depends on what market you go to!:lol:

I think low cost jeans are a a waste of money, been there done it with a few topman/Primark jeans always wear out really quickly. I bought a pair of Sonneti jeans when i was in lower sixth at School. 6/7 years later and i still wear them and they still look the dogs bawls:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What line of work are you in?! :eek:

:cheese:
Engineer for a Civils contractor, so far I've avoided the bad stuff, but I've seen others get covered during manhole inspections, it's not pretty.

it just depends on what market you go to!:lol:

I think low cost jeans are a a waste of money, been there done it with a few topman/Primark jeans always wear out really quickly. I bought a pair of Sonneti jeans when i was in lower sixth at School. 6/7 years later and i still wear them and they still look the dogs bawls:thumbs:
Now you've brought back bad memories of being dragged to Nutts Corner when I wee :cry:.
I have a fleece I wear all the time, from when they became really popular 15 years ago. I am sooooo cool :cool:, :lol:

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Not an issue over the last month or 2 for me. A combination of redundancy, unemployment, and now working from home means I can sit around all day in my Spiderman boxers and no-one is any the wiser.

Not till now anyways!

·
Registered
37,341 Posts
I tend to get button fly jeans these days.

I hated them at first, but once you are used to them they are great.

No chance of Getting Hampton Court. ;)

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
I guess I'm alone then in just needing to roll up one leg by an inch or so for all the freedom the big ol' fella needs :thumbs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts