Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just had to list an item on ebay for the 4th time due to people bidding and winning the auction then not responding at the end.
I wouldn't mind but the reason I am selling the item was an urgent need for cash.
I also have to wait 7 days to report an item unpaid and another 7 days before I can claim a free relisting.

So it can take 14 days before you can relist it, otherwise the original buyer could decide to buy it after you have sold it to someone else.

It is about time a decent alternative to ebay was set up. One with proper rules.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

A

·
0 Posts
No matter how it was set up some idiot would find a way to spoil it, the world is infested with selfish people with no regard for others unfortuneately.
But look on the bright side, AO forum seems to remain a haven of good manners and sanity:)

·
Premium Member
45,006 Posts
And if you give them negative feedback for not responding, do they get the chance to give you feedback? If so, how many of them give you a vengefull negative?

·
Registered
37,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
443 Posts
I've never had a problem with selling on Ebay, but I generally stick to low value items in case buyer gets cold feet. Had problems on 2 purchases one when seller de-registered as soon as I'd paid, but I did get a refund from Paypal & other just wouldn't answer my emails after I'd paid. Put complaint into Paypal & they refunded me as he wouldn't answer them. Once I'd got refund I left him a negative feedback so ... yes you guessed it he left me a negative for non payment of all things. We did both mutually withdraw feedback but only 'cos I didn't want an unjustified negative on mine.

I use Ebay a lot - did find this site through Ebay!!:)

A

·
0 Posts
I've never had a problem with selling on Ebay, but I generally stick to low value items in case buyer gets cold feet. Had problems on 2 purchases one when seller de-registered as soon as I'd paid, but I did get a refund from Paypal & other just wouldn't answer my emails after I'd paid. Put complaint into Paypal & they refunded me as he wouldn't answer them. Once I'd got refund I left him a negative feedback so ... yes you guessed it he left me a negative for non payment of all things. We did both mutually withdraw feedback but only 'cos I didn't want an unjustified negative on mine.

I use Ebay a lot - did find this site through Ebay!!:)
I've heard that Paypal only give refunds if there is money in the offenders paypal account, if not, you're on your own. Not much use. I put a buy it now price on stuff now, you sometimes get a bit less but it seems to get payment straight away. What some of the the non payers do is bid on several similar items and pay for the cheapest that they win.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Sorry to hear your problems - I've bought stuff on ebay before, but I've never sold anything...

·
Registered
148 Posts
You can only give them negative and be guaranteed not to receive it back if you go through the non paying bidder system. This takes 2 weeks. Then of course you need to relist it and go through all the hassle again.

This is what I was selling by the way... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=140100426219&rd=1&rd=1

I know the feeling but to be honest ive never had a problem with non paying.

How much you want for the item inc p&p also where can i find a lead for it and how much would that cost please?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Say what you like about Ebay - there are some bargains out there like the electric mirror for my 147 that I paid £ 7 for & it's the right colour!! If you check out the feedbacks before you bid you should be ok. Selling wise if you oly take Paypal there's no hassle with bounced cheques etc

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
Use ebay a bit and so far so good, only one problem and the t0**er gave me my money back

A

·
0 Posts
Ebay is a 'good thing' but you have to be careful both as buyer and seller, and have your wits about you.

The only naff thing i have bought was from an Alfa dealer who sold me a 164 tow bar without mentioning the minor point in the description that it would only fit 4x4 versions. They weren't interested in rectifying this..buyer beware.

I made a mistake buying a sailing jacket that was far too small. I came clean with the seller, and although they were under no obligation to refund, they very graciously did so on return of the item.

I recently tried to sell my 164 on ebay,,I had the reserve a bit high, so it didn't sell, but I experienced the more sinister side of ebay, and that was three attempts at identity fraud. One was an email from a William MacWilliams..whom I suspect was a fraudster operating form either africa or eastern europe, one was a guy asking me to write and tell him about the Alfas I have owned..very suspect in my view, and the third was a strange email redirecting me to look at a similar item via a link which included a .dll file..which is a program file. I reported this to ebay as an abuse, and they confirmed that the account was being used by an unknown third party and they had closed it down..PHEW!!!

So its not just the idiots who don't, won't pay you have to worry about, in fact they are a minor irritation compared with organised crime which is trying to get account details off you to further their money laundering/drug trafficing/people trafficing..you name it,,its VERY nasty stuff, and growing like mad. They are VERY clever. Far cleverer than me, so my view is that criminals have learned how to exploit ebay, and you have to be jolly careful.

AlfaLincs

·
Registered
37,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know the feeling but to be honest ive never had a problem with non paying.

How much you want for the item inc p&p also where can i find a lead for it and how much would that cost please?
I am looking for around £55 for the item which would include postage.
A lead should be available from a sony dealer as it is a standard sony lead, I can't see it being more than £10-£15, probably less.

I do have the lead but it would take a mega dismantling job on my car to take it out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts