Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm So annoyed!!!

I'm supposed to be getting a new pup today, a gorgeous Staffy cross Jack Russell, free to a good home as she didn't get on with her owners older dog.

She turned up at my mums today (Should have got her Sunday for one) with NOTHING

No bed, no food, no lead, no toys, No NOTHING

Poor little mite is scared stiff in a strange new place, and has nothing of her own to keep her comforted

I'm so angry, clearly she'll be FAR better off here with us.

Grrrrrrrr

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Reported for double posting anj :p ;)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Dogs, furniture destroying **** machines that cost thousands to feed :evilgrin:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Pups are really adaptable. By this time tomorrow, she will have forgotten all about it and you will be new best friends. Where are the pictures though?

K

·
0 Posts
We do need pics Anj. An old shoe will do as a toy for starters. Our border collie likes my son's toys and clearly had a geezer for a dad because she will nick anything. She tends to sleep anywhere but in her bed too.

·
Administrator
45,521 Posts
Staffy crossed with a Jack Russell? Did one have to stand on breeze blocks?

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This whole thread is moot

'free to a good home' apparently means that they can take her back :(

We couldn't say no... But feel sorry for the pup really. They're not the best people to be looking after pets...

We're going to hold out a couple of months and get a rescue dog instead :thumbs:

K

·
0 Posts
This whole thread is moot

'free to a good home' apparently means that they can take her back :(

We couldn't say no... But feel sorry for the pup really. They're not the best people to be looking after pets...

We're going to hold out a couple of months and get a rescue dog instead :thumbs:
Poor little bugger will probably be a rescue dog in a few months anyway. But probably with a ****load of behaviour problems due to being owned by cretins.

Staffies are funny things. Whenever you see anyone out with one, you can tell instantly whether it will be friendly and docile or a nasty litle ******* from looking at the owners.

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep all statements very true :thumbs:

Staffies are smart, loving, soppy and protective. People have them as status dogs as one little chav probably heard about their fighting history

Now they all get a bad rap :(

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Go and take it back

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
Poor pup! Being shunted from pillar to post :(

Actually I'm part of a campaign to stop 'Free to a Good Home' adverts as all too often the poor dogs are used as bait dogs for dog fights :( Take a look on Facebook for groups if you're interested in joining and helping. I quite often email owners explaining and suggest they visit the prospective owner's home to check it out, or add a fee to the listing. It sorts out the scum.

If you want a dog pay for it, not from a breeder necessarily, but a rescue home maybe :)

Good on you Ange for taking on a new baby; I couldn't be without my Murphy :D

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
:confused: Is there a campaign your not a part of PG ?

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The pup is back with her original owners.

Hubby and I are waiting for our neighbours to build their fence, in the spring, so the boundaries are secure, then we're going to go to 'Mutts in Distress' a rehoming centre down the road from us.

We absolutely need boundaries in, a it's a requirement, b we get deer, rabbits, foxes, badgers etc. Don't want Goggie running off on a scent, or even worse getting into a ruck with a wild animal :eek:

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
If you want a staffie, Battersea have loads of them - they are currently the dog that most frequently ends up there.

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
The pup is back with her original owners.

Hubby and I are waiting for our neighbours to build their fence, in the spring, so the boundaries are secure, then we're going to go to 'Mutts in Distress' a rehoming centre down the road from us.

We absolutely need boundaries in, a it's a requirement, b we get deer, rabbits, foxes, badgers etc. Don't want Goggie running off on a scent, or even worse getting into a ruck with a wild animal :eek:
I did understand that pup had gone back :)

The first thing we did on getting our new house was secure the garden; like you we have all manor of wild things just beyond the fence :eek: Last night Murphy was standing on the decking outside my old studio barking his wee head off at something in the field behind us! He didn't settle all night. I think it was probably a badger. We've got chickens too so I'm doubly cautious.

Mutts in Distress sounds an ideal place to get a new baby from :)

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
I can also put you in touch with staffie rescue places through Facebook. I don't know how I end up being in so many groups :lol: Softie I guess :eek:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
:rant: My dog was in distress yesterday. I bring them into work and left them both sleeping in the office, turned my back for two minutes and one of them was on my desk nicking my biscuits !

We've got two nine year old Jack Russels nicknamed Fatso (originally Minx) and Grumpy (originally Mini). It was Fatso that was nicking the biscuits.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts