Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming along dual carriageway today with a roundabout ahead, I see an ambulance with blue lights on coming up behind in the outside lane, so I slow up to make sure there is clear road for it to make it through the roundabout without delay. Twonk in a car behind comes onto my bumper flashing his lights and waving his arms around. As the ambulance comes past, you could visibly see this bulls knacker jump with shock.

Makes you feel like getting hold of people like that by the neck and telling them to open their bloody eyes :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
*****. I bet he felt like an idiot when the ambulance went past. Most people are oblivious to emergency vehicles until they're on their bumper. Whenever I see them I always seem to before anyone else, so when I slow down or move to the side it other people wonder why until NEENAWNNENAW! right in their mirrors.

N

·
0 Posts
Here, people seems to actively block the way for
fire tenders and ambulances etc.
They all bunch up in a queue at lights even if one is clearly
visible coming up the road from behind. "Let's bunch-up and
block the way instead of all pulling out of one lane, shall we?"

General lack of road sense. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I had an ambulance coming towards me the other day on quite wide road in town, nothing else about but I still indicated left, kept over and slowed down - the ambulance driver waved to thank me as he went passed! Unless it was a secret Alfa wave of course :D

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
the ambulance driver waved to thank me as he went passed! Unless it was a secret Alfa wave of course :D
An Alfa ambulance, that would be cool but I think there would be more accidents just to get a ride!

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,310 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Just a general lack of common sense - Ive seen a woman sit at a set of lights and not move as they were red.
I've seen this at lights that were fitted with a camera. There was even a thing on the news about it some time ago with people having no end of trouble claiming their fine and points back for going through the red light :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
16,310 Posts
:thumbs: Hi Jim, Alfa have made a lot of things in the past that seem unusual these days as most people equate the brand as either sporty cars or rot box Italian rubbish, wonder which camp we are in ? :lol: Over the years the AROC Mag has done a few articles on this, fascinating stuff !

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Years ago, someone did an emergency stop in front of me, when the lights changed to --

Green!!!!

This was on a country road, which was a bit icy. I managed to avoid the driver - an elderly woman - by overtaking on the other side of the road. What if I had hit her? I would have been responsible, no witnesses.

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
People in my country drive pretty badly, but something that surprises me is that whenever there's an ambulance coming, they do whatever they can to get out of their way. I guess we sometimes do some things right. :D

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
:thumbs: Hi Jim, Alfa have made a lot of things in the past that seem unusual these days as most people equate the brand as either sporty cars or rot box Italian rubbish, wonder which camp we are in ? :lol: Over the years the AROC Mag has done a few articles on this, fascinating stuff !
:cool: ! What other stuff did they make Nige?

·
16,310 Posts
Just off the top of my head they also made Trucks, Vans, Buses, Military Vehicles and of course Aero Engines. I'll see if I can dig out some of the old mags and have a look but I only keep them for a year or so so a lot of the stuff will be long gone.

It's amazing really, arrived back in this country with two suitcases and a tea chest less than four years ago and already have to throw things out despite being a natural hoarder ( I'll need that one day ! ), should I have gone for the five bedroomed place after all ? :lol:

CUL Jim.

·
16,310 Posts

·
16,310 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts