Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
46,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Lombarda Alfa are selling a car, such as this one:

http://www.alfaromeolombarda.co.uk/popup.cfm?p_n=424347&p_i=424347

Since they are a franchised Alfa dealer, and Mangoletsi are a franchised Alfa dealer, do they have any kind of affiliation which would allow me to buy it from Mangoletsi instead, thereby saving me a 400 mile journey?

·
Administrator
46,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking about the buying it in the first place Nev, rather than the warrantee! I don't fancy a 200 mile trip, with the prospect of deciding it's not right and having to drive another 200 miles back without it!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
If Lombarda Alfa are selling a car, such as this one:

http://www.alfaromeolombarda.co.uk/popup.cfm?p_n=424347&p_i=424347

Since they are a franchised Alfa dealer, and Mangoletsi are a franchised Alfa dealer, do they have any kind of affiliation which would allow me to buy it from Mangoletsi instead, thereby saving me a 400 mile journey?
afraid not mate, its like the dealer i work for, although there are many dealers with the same franchise, dealers will only have an affilation with another dealer is they're part of the same group.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Bazza it looks like you are just going to have to bite the bullet on this. GTA's are a rare beast and you could wait a long time for one to your liking arriving close to you.
This one certainly looks OK on the face of it and might well be worth the trip, you can always combine it with a day out in London or something.

Mind you if your not in a hurry, there's nothing lost in waiting.

Edit... while your there ask him how he thinks he can get 25K for a Spider FFS!!!

http://www.alfaromeolombarda.co.uk/popup.cfm?p_n=365825&p_i=365825

:eek:

·
Administrator
46,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
While you're all right about having to travel, Mitch has hit the nail on the head - I'm not in a hurry, so I can afford to wait for something a little bit closer.

W

·
0 Posts
If it's what you want, and GTA SW are RARE, then a bit of travelling shouldn't matter...I went Italy to get a car!!!

wrinx

·
Registered
22 Posts
dude, you're in Colgleton - you should be HAPPY to travel to get away for a change! lol. We travelled to get our GT and it was worth every mile. Lovin it.

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
I think if you want it, you're going to have to travel Bazza. I went to London village for both the 147 and the 1750. What's one day's faffing about for a few years with a car you really like?
:confused:
;)

·
Administrator
46,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oi!! What's Colgleton? :p
I'll have you know, any right thinking individual would be delighted to hail from such a jewel of civilisation as Congleton.

The issue, as I see it, is that I'd have to drive to and from London twice, once to view and decide, once to complete. I'm happy to travel in general (drove to Gloucester for the Coupe), but London twice is just too much at the moment. Maybe when I'm a bit more desperate. I'm not sure enough about that car. Thne solid red isn't my preferred colour (sorry Rick), I'm not sure about the cloverleaf stickers, and one of the close-up piccies shows up a coupe of scars in the paintwork, what if the rest of it is like that as well?
If it was 50 miles away, I'd go and check, but last time I drove to London, it took 7 hours each way! Bloody southerners can't drive properly is the problem! ;)

·
Administrator
46,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well quite. I'm glad you see my point :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts