Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There you are in a car park ready to reverse out when for some unknown reason you decide to pull sharply foreward (probably to gain more turning space) hitting a 3ft tall 6 inch wide wooden post:eek:
Not only did you cleanly snap the post, you have cracked the paint on your expensive Nuvolo white bumper!!!! You will regret that you idiot. How dare you hurt such a lovely car:mad:

Fecktard:mad:

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
There you are in a car park ready to reverse out when for some unknown reason you decide to pull sharply foreward (probably to gain more turning space) hitting a 3ft tall 6 inch wide wooden post:eek:
Not only did you cleanly snap the post, you have cracked the paint on your expensive Nuvolo white bumper!!!! You will regret that you idiot. How dare you hurt such a lovely car:mad:

Fecktard:mad:
Ouch -hope it aint expensive to sort out!

Times like that I bet you wish you were in the PUG

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Unlucky, man. :(

Happens to the best of us, though. Even professionals. ;)

Just look what a mess of his car Lewis Hamilton made on the last lap of the Italian Grand Prix at Monza yesterday. Console yourself with the fact that, as a mere amateur, you did a lot less damage to your steed than a chap whose job it is to drive without hitting things. :lol:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
:eek:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Took mine for a quote last week after I reversed into a post. They think it's a weeks work, new panel, bumper, light & re-spray ! Over £2k for a dent ! :eek:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Took mine for a quote last week after I reversed into a post. They think it's a weeks work, new panel, bumper, light & re-spray ! Over £2k for a dent ! :eek:
Howell, not wanting to cause any offence here, but isn't £2k getting on for what the car is worth?

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Howell, not wanting to cause any offence here, but isn't £2k getting on for what the car is worth?
:rant: Oi ! Worth twice that !!

:D

51 Plate 3.0 with 21,000 miles, 2 owners & FSH. :rant:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I feel your pain. I side-swiped a metal post in the 145 earlier this year, & it put a hidious looking dent in the drivers door. I could see the post in my mirror, but within a split second it disappeared from view & then heard that crunching sound. Still can't work out how it dented the door though ...Im sure the post moved:lol:

I beat myself up over it for days & weeks over my dumbness. It cost about £450 to have repaired. I didn't go through the insurance because I know they'd just laugh & point me in the direction of the nearest scrapyard.
It took the garage a week to put it right, but have to say the repair is totally amazing; I thought they may have to replace the door, but they managed to beat it all back to shape.
Paint colour matches perfectly too, but then mines not that white you have. Hope it gets sorted ok & you can put it all behind you (no pun intended).

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts