Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ona 2001 alfa 146 were is the rear windscreen washer jet laced? i cant seem to find it anywhere but when i try to wash the rear window it comes into the car at the roof

also does the headlight washer come on when windscreen washers are used

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
LOL, sounds like the hose has fell off the coupling on the rhs of the boot lid, and they should when you select the squirt for the windscreen.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Headlight washers will squirt when you operate the windscreen washer...BUT only when the headlamps are switched on ;)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Now that depends on the year of build, pre 99 they squit together all the time.
'99 onwards models required the main headlamps on (dipped beam) for the headlamp washers to operate. According to the manual, pre-99 models do require lights to be on but only the sidelights and not the main lights (wiring diagrams for '97 - '99 models also show this to be the case). However, as I don't have pre-99 car to check this out on I'll take your word for it because I guess it's possible that the manual is wrong.

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
There was an issue with the relay on the early cars which resulted in a call back to by-pass it, this led to the double operation every time, but it also meant that they actually worked! when you actually asked them to. The >99 models used a different relay and this solved the problem, it can be retrofitted so the earlier cars may vary on the operation of this system anyway.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
cant find hose on boot lid or the nozzle were the water comes out
The nozzle where the water comes out is actually at the base of the wiper arm. No pics of a 146 but this is it on a 145...

Alfa145.com - Rear Wiper Washer Placement

The water pipe running throught the car connects to junction point on the back of the wiper motor itself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts