Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where I can find a strut brace for a 147? I have a 147 GTA but that shouldn't matter.

Is there anyone that could make one?

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I can't find this sort of thing in SA. The only option is to import one really, or to get one made up. I think any manufacturing place could do it.

I'm not bad at aluminium welding but not sure if that is the best material to use. What would be the best?

If you rather keen ( I am for my car ) then I have a chap that can make it for us. He does most of our engineering work anyways.

TribesMan, the down side with them is, often the shipping costs for us is more than what the article costs.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Oh, I didnt saw that you are from SA... In that case, you will have to find an importer, or make one yourself.
If you can weld aluminium that is a good start, because most of the strut bars are made out of alu. It is one of the lightest metals and very appropriate to use IMO. I would give it a try if I were you.

A guy from Slovenia (he is also on this forum and he goes by the nick Alfa33+Q4) did a strut bar himself for his GTV. Here is a link to his post on local alfa romeo club... it is written in Slovenian, but the pictures speak for themselves. He used a stainless steel AFAIK...

Forum Kraških gadov :: Poglej temo - Gran Turismo Veloce 3.0 24V Q2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts