Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all ,anyone out there got a strut brace they are selling for my gtv 3 ltre ,just got the rear bushes replaced with ,polybush ones ,and thank god no more squeaks :thumbs: ,and was just tidying up the engine bay and thought about fitting a strut brace

·
Registered
942 Posts
Hi guys,

Thinking of ordering one of these today - did you have any issue with delivery? Does it come with all the bolts / washers necessary to fit?

Cheers, Cluffy

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I haven't ordered a strut bar (yet) but i have ordered from Alfisti.net.

You have no worries, they are so fast to deliver they put many UK based companies to shame.

You can pretty much only pay by paypal though.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Hi guys,

Thinking of ordering one of these today - did you have any issue with delivery? Does it come with all the bolts / washers necessary to fit?

Cheers, Cluffy
All bolts are supplied. Ten minute job to fit it :thumbs:
I haven't ordered a strut bar (yet) but i have ordered from Alfisti.net.

You have no worries, they are so fast to deliver they put many UK based companies to shame.

You can pretty much only pay by paypal though.
I concur, mine was delivered within a week. No problems at all :)

·
Registered
942 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Just ordered a Wiechers one from Alfisti.net! I rang around to try and find a supplier for the Ultra-Racing brace I've seen but no-one in the UK has them it seems...
Hope to have a good customer service experience too as you guys seem to have done but so far they seem to be hot on the emails...

·
Registered
726 Posts
I have the Wiechers on my V6 spider. It's made a big difference with the handling and has helped with some scuttling that one gets with a Cabrio.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If I fit this strut bar to my TS GTV will I be able to close bonnet properly? I ve read on some forums that in some cases when used on a TS bonnet seems to catch on a bar a little bit? Any experience regarding this?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had an aluminium Novitec strut brace on my old GTV V6TB but it looks like they don't do any now for the GTV :confused:
Will get a strut brace for my current GTV V6 but not sure which? I would prefer a straight one, not with a big kink in it like the Wiechers but if there is no other then that's the one I'll get.
Have you guys gone for steel or aluminium?

·
Registered
942 Posts
On their website you can select for Four cylinder or 6 cyclinder cars... I wonder if there are two bars and people have tried using the wrong type?

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
If I fit this strut bar to my TS GTV will I be able to close bonnet properly? I ve read on some forums that in some cases when used on a TS bonnet seems to catch on a bar a little bit? Any experience regarding this?
It does "catch" a tiny bit on the cover under the bonnet. Nothing serious though, and it doesn't interfere with the opening/closing of the bonnet :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts