Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering fitting a strut brace to my V6 CF3 Spider.

Anyone have any recommendations or ones to avoid?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,221 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Personally I'm very doubtful that they have any effect other than looks or placebo, especially on the v6 where the engine forces the brace to need several bends and get so close to the bulkhead (which is the real brace).

·
Registered
2,221 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Haven’t fitted them yet as had my knee replaced just over 2 weeks ago and can’t drive of another 4 weeks
All the best for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I have an alloy Weichers strut brace in my V6 Spider and it looks great. Not sure if it helps but with the Spider - any assistance in reducing scuttle shake is very welcome!
To that end I have also bought some wing braces from Gary but haven't fitted them yet. They are certainly made very well, (as are all his parts.)

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
Wiechers but may jam on bonnet a bit. Does make the steering a lot sharper when part of other suspension upgrades. A great upgrade to do.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Went for the Wiechers in the end.

Box was broken when I received it, I reported it but no reply so far...

Anyway in the box loose was 1 large thick spacer and 3 allen bolts/washers.

Is there anymore missing?

Anyone care to pass on the fitting details please?

Ta

·
Registered
527 Posts
Should straight forward to fit. May require some jiggling with pipes and fuses but thats easy. Only thing is to make sure the bonnet closes without hitting brace. If it does touch then dont force bonnet closed because it may never open again

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Should straight forward to fit. May require some jiggling with pipes and fuses but thats easy. Only thing is to make sure the bonnet closes without hitting brace. If it does touch then dont force bonnet closed because it may never open again
Thanks

If possible, can you put up a couple of pictures of each end please?

How many of the large spacers have you got?

Thank you for your assistance

1 - 20 of 23 Posts