Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my new strut brace arrived today, 5 weeks in the making after ordering it from Alfisti.net... :D

It didnt take long to fit but there were a couple of things I wanted to bring up here and maybe get some advice....

First.. its not an exact fit.. it took some effort to finally get everything to match up.. sort of.. Here's some pics..

So, as you can see from the pic, the bar doesnt seem level in respect to the car.. the right hand side is higher than the left - is that by design or?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26761740/Alfa/Strut%20-%20front%20view.jpg

And, looking at the next pic, you can see the brace ends aren't neat..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26761740/Alfa/Strut%20End.jpg

Could this 'twist' in the bar be due to the car not having settled yet? or perhaps uneven ground when fitted?

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
It doesn't fit properly. Looks poor IMO. Where did you get it from? (Send it back!)

·
Registered
17 Posts
i agree, i'd send it back as well.
i had the same trouble with my wrx sti years ago when i bought a strut brace online. was a ******* of a thing to fit, found a heap of cracks covered with paint. sent it back immediately.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm bugger.

Alfisti.net supplied it.. in Germany.. I'm in Australia.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could it be that I fitted it incorrectly? Possibly uneven ground?

L

·
0 Posts
So, my new strut brace arrived today, 5 weeks in the making after ordering it from Alfisti.net... :D

It didnt take long to fit but there were a couple of things I wanted to bring up here and maybe get some advice....

First.. its not an exact fit.. it took some effort to finally get everything to match up.. sort of.. Here's some pics..

So, as you can see from the pic, the bar doesnt seem level in respect to the car.. the right hand side is higher than the left - is that by design or?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26761740/Alfa/Strut%20-%20front%20view.jpg

And, looking at the next pic, you can see the brace ends aren't neat..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26761740/Alfa/Strut%20End.jpg

Could this 'twist' in the bar be due to the car not having settled yet? or perhaps uneven ground when fitted?
Its higher on the RHS of the photo to get over the reservoir.

Why not e-mail the seller & ask their advise. perhaps the LHS of the picture is too low. That said the fitment of bolt on the LHS is very poor.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Its higher on the RHS of the photo to get over the reservoir.

Why not e-mail the seller & ask their advise. perhaps the LHS of the picture is too low. That said the fitment of bolt on the LHS is very poor.

The bolt on the LHS was my major concern.... its not right...

Email sent..

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
The bolt on the LHS was my major concern.... its not right...

Email sent..
The bolts supplied with the Alfisti brace are generally hopeless as they are to small and unable to secure it forcing problems.
I replaced them with longer better fitting bolts from the workshop and it fits great on the GTV.

I also made sure I got the V6 version and not the TS version.
They are different

Alan

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The bolts supplied with the Alfisti brace are generally hopeless as they are to small and unable to secure it forcing problems.
I replaced them with longer better fitting bolts from the workshop and it fits great on the GTV.

I also made sure I got the V6 version and not the TS version.
They are different

Alan
I never received any bolts with the brace.... just the brace arrived.. naked.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have an OMP strut brace fitted to my 156 1.8 TS. It has a twist adjustment so you can extend it and turn it so it fits. I know they fit the 2.0 TS but not sure about the JTS.

Doesnt look as extravagent as the one you have fitted in the pictures though but its a nice touch to have!

M

·
0 Posts
I have an OMP strut brace fitted to my 156 1.8 TS. It has a twist adjustment so you can extend it and turn it so it fits. I know they fit the 2.0 TS but not sure about the JTS.

Doesnt look as extravagent as the one you have fitted in the pictures though but its a nice touch to have!
Is that adjustment not so you can put some pre-tension in the brace?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts