Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I found front and rear Boge struts (D3218F) for my 147 (with eibach springs). They cost 208 euros and I think it is a bargain (140 euros on ebay for each rear). I was going for the rear, because I read that they are good (I think by Fruity), but the price is for all of them, and they don't sell them separately. I am worried though, because as BOGE has ceased production, I don't know when they were manufactured (I'll see them tomorrow), and since the new struts come compressed into their boxes if this has an effect on their performance if they have stayed there for 3-4 years. Do you have any idea?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I'd have no concerns. Mine were under good pressure.
Monotube dampers are under higher pressure than twin tube dampers and the nitrogen gas is pressurized in a separate floating chamber below the hydraulic oil. Because of this, a leak would be evident as oil would escape from the gland seal. A twin tube damper which was correctly charged/agitated before the packing strap was fitted would leak the same way.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Monotube dampers are under higher pressure than twin tube dampers and the nitrogen gas is pressurized in a separate floating chamber below the hydraulic oil. Because of this, a leak would be evident as oil would escape from the gland seal. A twin tube damper which was correctly charged/agitated before the packing strap was fitted would leak the same way.
Thanks, I'll see them today. Have you sent totally alfa the drawings for the rear spacers?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately they told me that they had the struts but they had wrongly listed them for 156/147. They proposed Sachs
314 907 as equivalent. I think it is a monotube strut. Is it like boge or like B6?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts