Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is way way too much street furniture about and it's getting worse, in fact it's taking over!

Here in the smoke, we have all the usual traffic signs and are now getting the big electronic display ones all over the place warning of something or other. There are bus stops and signs, tram stops, signs, lanes Etc.

We have single yellow lines, double yellow lines, singloe red lines/routes, double red lines/routes. There are green lanes for buses, blue lanes for bikes, advanced stop lines, yellow road patches near crossings and now we are getting speed limits actually bedded into the roads. Then there are speed cushions, speed pillows, chicanes, pinch points....

the list is endless, stop it, NOW. there is already far too much.

S

·
0 Posts
The bus stop near work went digital in June. Since then it has read
The next bus will arrive in .....January 01- 00.00

I assume a programming glitch, but I find it funny every day as I stroll past from car park to door.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Excellent rant. It's impossible to see all the signs without taking your eyes off the road and crashing into one of them. Today I passed a red-bordered triangle with two pedestrians in it. No idea what it meant. On the M25 (admittedly not in town) there was a sign saying "This Sign Not in Use."

I'm glad I don't live in a house with a flashing "Slow Down" signal outside the bedroom window.

All these signs should be torn down and replaced with a single notice on the border of London saying "Abandon hope all ye that enter here."

·
Administrator
45,154 Posts
Up here in ruralshire it's not so bad - but I still bemoan the dipstick who decided that all warning signs - white triangles, red surround - had to have a further surround of ultra-reflective yellow to make them more visible.

Yes, well done, they're more visible. Shame I can't see the road and everything else as well now because my high-beam is reflecting straight into my eyes.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
There is an approach to the town where I live where 23 different signs are visible over a c. 200m stretch. Many signs duplicated and super-big with day-glo surrounds.

If I were driving a Boeing 747 or a Le Mans car then that might be appropriate but as it is, the result is simply ugly.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A minor addition to the rant; we have signs warning about junctions coming up and stuff painted all over the road. There are also signs warning about bends....whoops, I didnt see that coming!
There are still plenty more examles to add.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts