Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A land rover has been parked in our close for approx two weeks now. The occupant has been seen to sleep in it and randomly flash his lights as if enticing someone to come. He has been seen sleeping all night and reading his paper of a day. Well today police were called and approached the chap. He appeared calm and seemed to answer some questions, then he got in the car to fetch something when he started the engine, spun it across a neighbours garden and fled the close. Police came back later to say he got away:(

Now, we live in a small close with private garages at the top which are annoyingly dark and easily somewhere to hide. Everyone knows everybody and it's been a quiets road for the 32 years I have been there. This comes two days after a shooting half a mile away. I don't live in a rough area and to be honest the worst thing to happen in the town is a punt of milk gets pinched or the post office opens late.

Weird or what, but it's left me a little nervous??

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:lol: Does feel like village of the dammed sometimes, specially as our most famous resident is the moors murderer:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He is mate, he passed over some of the best fish and hand cut chips I've had for ages for a maccy dees on the way to the meet :lol:
:lol: I'm not living that down am I!

Do ya reckon you could cope with Olly Simpson living next door:) now that would bring house prices plummeting!

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Nope, not ever that is now your AO Claim to Fame :D

You can pick up a five bed detached with a garage for about a £5 up here these days :D

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
How the hell does anybody evade the police in a Land Rover?? Not exactly a classic getaway car? Dad had a pretty fast accelerating 110 landie, with a 245 Valiant Hemi engine, but it was still slow for top speed.

I reckon he was just out for a spot of dogging, and got his secret postcode wrong :eek:

K

·
0 Posts
:lol: I'm not living that down am I!

Do ya reckon you could cope with Olly Simpson living next door:) now that would bring house prices plummeting!
Especially if he still wears those linen suits.

Just to cheer you up, the actor who played Ollie (Michael J. Jackson) was in a Sweeney film because he became a middle-class ginger halfwit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts