Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there all fellows.

I have a strange squeal when I start the engine of my baby and it ends 2 minuts later.

One year ago I did like new the alternator and changed cambelts and so. Later the squeals had appear and the mechanic told me to change the long belt due it was new.
We did this and squeals went away. This was a year ago.

Now, 2 weeks ago, it appeared again :devious: think because it is Winter now and we have 3 degrees at night and 10 at day and maybe the belts squeals because of that.
Any experience like this ?
I send an audio to you to hear it.

PD. Sorry it does not allows me to upload a MP4 file.:furious:

Thanks in advance to all.
Jorge

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Those temperatures shouldn't really cause a belt squeal - sometimes if a battery is getting a bit weak the alternator puts a lot more load on the belt initially and a slighly loose belt can slip and squeal then. Did you change the belt tensioner when you fitted the new belt?

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
As above, does sound like aux belt (the big long one) is loose (well, not loose, but not as tight as it should be).

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hellow RGWM and David C thanks for your interest. Belts and tensioners have all 1 year.
I controlled it today and it takes 3 minutes to disappear.
I changed all at 60.000 kms. I have 65000 now. The baby is almost new and for peace of mind I charge the battery 1 or 2 times each month because I use her all days but only 8 or 10 kms each day.
So sorry that the site does not allow me to upload the file that I have with the squearl.
Thanks very much both and take care

1 - 5 of 5 Posts