Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i push brake pedal hard (standing still or driving) i can hear sound like turbine...
If i release pedal just little that sound disappear. What is that?
And another question after reading topic about alfa code; my car (96')came with only two red keys, and card. Will i ever need master key? :rolleyes:
Cheers

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it sounds like a breathing noise that'll be the air the master cylinder requires to work. I won't go into too much detail because you would ideally need to look at a sketch but car manufacturers prefer to suck fresh air from the cabin since this tends to be less humid than that outside and thus won't cause premature rusting of the inner components of the master cylinder/brake servo unit.

T.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, forgot about the master key..
You should very rarely need this.. I had the car battery disconnected for more than three months and the engine out for tuning and I never required the key for anything. By looking at other people's misfortune though it looks like it's more down to luck than anything! My advice is be afraid.. you won't know when the CODE will strike and when it does you'll be buggered for good measure! You'll need a brand you set of locks (£56+VAT) on top of a new ECU (£400+VAT - correct me if I'm wrong). Don't forget the labour either since fitting the new locks is a nightmare. Only very few people outside of dealerships have got the experience to do this kind of job.

T.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks taz for technical inf.
btw reading other similar topics this CODE is like cancer eek!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you have the card (looks like a credit card)your Alfa dealer should be able to re-program your code if you do need to do that.
That's what I was told by my dealer in any case but I might be opening myself here to some cyberspace abuse by some one!
Sieg

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sieg, does that mean that card have function like master key?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts