Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gents, new to Alfas and the forum so go easy.

I have a strange issue with my Alfa 147 1.6. Every now and again I get this rubbing sound from what sounds like the wheels or something around the hub etc, you can almost kinda feel it through the pedals. Thing is I'm not sure how loud it is because the wife hasn't mentioned it so I'm thinking am I feeling through the pedals more than hearing it?

I've only had it a few weeks and have never come across anything like that before. Apart from that the car's pretty much in good condition especially for a 2002 model which is great.

Can someone let me know if this issue could be serious?

Tian:confused:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
hi there, does this only happen when the brake is applied [ ABS doing its job will make a juddering action/noise in the pedal ]

or when youre foot is off the brake pedal..... could be worn pads or discs or the caliper sidlers needing a good greasing

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply but I don't think it's got anything to do with the brakes as it just happens now and again and not when the pedal is pressed.

I was thinking wheel bearing or perhaps CV joints but I had it serviced and they would have spotted that!

Tian

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
it could be the disc guard rubbing against the disc

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
loose wheel arch & it rubs when turning a certain direction.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys, I neverf thought of those options, I wa sgoing more major!

I'll check it out tomorrow and here's hoping you're right and it is something easily fixed.

T

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to let you guys know, my mechanic mate went for a drive in the car and spotted the problem immediately! I've got mismatched front tyres and one of them, the old one has been run-flat at some stage. It's that which is causing the nose. Apparently it's quite common!

New one on me though...

T:rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is your undertray hanging down? Mine is and it scrapes on the road every now and again. Makes a noise like you descibe.

Might have to start looking at things like this as the tyre was replaced at the weekend and the noise is still there!!!!!

It's so frustrating.

Tian:mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts